P1000 Looking for more performance!

T

TPWA83

I am looking for more power out of 1000p-3 i have got windshield, roof, back window new super ATV A-arms my wheel spacers are on there way from RB3 so that i can run bigger tires which brings me to my point... i am gonna need some more performance out of her just to stay where i was at with the stock tires. Don't get me wrong she does fine but i would like to get up and go a little more! Any ideas are welcome.... i have looked at tuners but doesn't seem as thought they have that all figured out for the pioneer yet, at least what i have seen. Just lookin for help y'all.
Thanks,
TP

Reactions: Isaiah
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum! More power? There are a thousand ways to skin that cat, and it's all documented in the thousands of threads in this forum. For now I am playing with the PV3 and tunes to make incremental adjustments to systems. Hopefully we are close to someone offering a commercial tune that can provide a bit more torque. Hess and COPS tunes seem to be options right now. I am running true 27.5 tires and am satisfied with the power. Some day I may bite on a gear reduction of 15-25% to run a 29-30" tire, but until then I'm good. Searches on this site will disclose the info you want. Good luck!

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the COPS tune and it is a night and day difference. This is a new machine. It drives, shifts and sounds 10x better than before. And runs cooler. Video attached. It actually spins tires now. On pavement.

I'd upload a video, but even a 12 second video is too large.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
I have the COPS tune and it is a night and day difference. This is a new machine. It drives, shifts and sounds 10x better than before. And runs cooler. Video attached. It actually spins tires now. On pavement.

What size tires are you running?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

YouTube then link, can’t load videos to forum.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am looking for more power out of 1000p-3 i have got windshield, roof, back window new super ATV A-arms my wheel spacers are on there way from RB3 so that i can run bigger tires which brings me to my point... i am gonna need some more performance out of her just to stay where i was at with the stock tires. Don't get me wrong she does fine but i would like to get up and go a little more! Any ideas are welcome.... i have looked at tuners but doesn't seem as thought they have that all figured out for the pioneer yet, at least what i have seen. Just lookin for help y'all.
Thanks,
TP
WELCOME! In my uneducated response, your money would be wiser spent on suspension, until you can hold it WFO through the areas that you ride?

Reactions: GHT, CID and Isaiah
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks,
TP
Well with COPS they have a lot figured out for the pioneer. They have a couple up to the 110hp mark. Check them out. They do good work. Complete Offroad Powersports Services

T

TPWA83

look awesome... these guys have some nice stuff and they got a tune for the pioneer compatible with the pv3 and you guys are saying it rips huh? interesting I wish they where building a pioneer instead of the KRX!

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
look awesome... these guys have some nice stuff and they got a tune for the pioneer compatible with the pv3 and you guys are saying it rips huh? interesting I wish they where building a pioneer instead of the KRX!
It does rip with the Tune only. Shifts smoother, runs cooler, and doesn't bog down in mud.

T

TPWA83

Where did you get your PV3? Did you buy the tune and the tuner separate, or how does that work? I gonna pull the trigger just got my wheel spacers today from RB3!!! Now tire size.... as i said i got the super atv A-arms and spacers stock height. What size tires y'all think i can run? 30s"?

T

TPWA83

Also I have a set of stock A-arms front and back that I don't need if anyone is interested!

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get your PV3? Did you buy the tune and the tuner separate, or how does that work? I gonna pull the trigger just got my wheel spacers today from RB3!!! Now tire size.... as i said i got the super atv A-arms and spacers stock height. What size tires y'all think i can run? 30s"?
30's depend on the tire. And I got the Tuner and tunes from Complete Off-road Performance. Complete Offroad Powersports Services

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!