L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would like to spend a couple days on the Southern side of the H/M trails.

Never been there so looking for someone who could make some recommendations.

Best trails for 1st timer.
Looking for scenic trails not aggressive or rock crawling (wife's first trip so want it to be a positive introduction)
Do I need a tablet with maps?
Recommendations on towns, rv campgrounds or good places to eat welcomed.

Reactions: TimG
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Are meaning Pocahontas, pinnacle and Indian ridge ?

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
looking at appalachian rv resort and pocahontas trails. Coming up from NC so trying to stay on the south side if possible.
not committed to any place, hoping for recommendations and hoping the weather work in my favor in November

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We stayed at Ashland last year and we're pretty impressed. You pay for it, but it's a nice facility.

As far as the trails go we enjoyed the trail that Ashland was on, and the trail system below the most.

I forget what the name of the one to the north is, but we found that trail to be extremely rocky and beat us up pretty bad.

The trail at the very south was really diverse and mostly pretty smooth and quick. It actually had some super slick sections that were a lot of fun when we were there. If you ride from Ashland to the town for the south, if I'm remembering correctly there's a little museum and a super neat 50's diner. The name escapes me, but I'm sure it's on their website. Definitely worth checking out, all of our food was amazing!

Reactions: TimG and L2R
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you ride Indian Ridge make sure you go to Rider's Paradise.

IMG 1621
IMG 1625
IMG 1626
IMG 1630

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
Riders paradise is closed due to death if owner and his wife

Half of Indian ridge is closed due to mining

Pinnacle creek is good...we stay in pineville a lot...ole lodging is great (they also own ole Jose restaurant in town).

Pocahantas is easy and more in logging country...the best southern trail system is warrior. Very fast trails that are long with a lot of elevation change. Like a roller coaster and much better dirt than the others as it doesn’t get ridden much so it’s not real rough. Very limited lodging near warrior trails though. We ride over from pocahantas or down from pineville to ride warrior. We trailered to warrior once time and it took wel over an hour to trailer there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What happened to the riders paradise folks??

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
Jerry passed away after being ill for awhile...his new wife then passed away after him. Last I heard it was closed down

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Jerry passed away after being ill for awhile...his new wife then passed away after him. Last I heard it was closed down

Wow. This is terrible news. When did this happen ?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!