Looking for the Arizona peeps

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Loooing to move to AZ this fall and was wondering where the best places to ride are gonna be. I’m looking at the Phoenix/Mesa area and curious to see some thoughts from some of you. Not opposed to travel far to go riding but would also like places close to me also. Also curious about storage options as I’ll have my trailer and the Pioneer. I’m going to be staying in my RV so I will definitely need a place to keep it. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks for any info.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Loooing to move to AZ this fall and was wondering where the best places to ride are gonna be. I’m looking at the Phoenix/Mesa area and curious to see some thoughts from some of you. Not opposed to travel far to go riding but would also like places close to me also. Also curious about storage options as I’ll have my trailer and the Pioneer. I’m going to be staying in my RV so I will definitely need a place to keep it. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks for any info.
When it comes to AZ...pick a spot pretty much, as long as it's not in the cities or wilderness areas.
Probably closest to Mesa would be the Florence junction area. During the summer, you'll want to head north to the Mogollon rim area, or to the Prescott area to escape the heat. Crown King is a nice ride from either Lake pleasant or Prescott. It's easier to tell you where you can't ride (as I Kinda already did). AZ is an off road heaven.

Let me know when you get settled and we'll head out.

One thing I will add: I've lived In Surprise, Cave Creek, and now down south in Casa Grande. If I had a choice, the north side of Phoenix tends to be nicer if you live out if the city a bit. And closer to those higher trails so that you can enjoy summer riding with less hassle.

Can't help with the storage issue .

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When it comes to AZ...pick a spot pretty much, as long as it's not in the cities or wilderness areas.
Probably closest to Mesa would be the Florence junction area. During the summer, you'll want to head north to the Mogollon rim area, or to the Prescott area to escape the heat. Crown King is a nice ride from either Lake pleasant or Prescott. It's easier to tell you where you can't ride (as I Kinda already did). AZ is an off road heaven.

Let me know when you get settled and we'll head out.

One thing I will add: I've lived In Surprise, Cave Creek, and now down south in Casa Grande. If I had a choice, the north side of Phoenix tends to be nicer if you live out if the city a bit. And closer to those higher trails so that you can enjoy summer riding with less hassle.

Can't help with the storage issue .

Thanks for all the info! Also trying to find a campground with decent monthly rates and whatnot. I’ll for sure hit you up when I get settled. Planning for September or October move.

Reactions: sharp and DG Rider
T

TheHammerhead

Dec 1, 2018
Peoria
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for all the info! Also trying to find a campground with decent monthly rates and whatnot. I’ll for sure hit you up when I get settled. Planning for September or October move.
We live in Peoria, west valley and there’s tons of rides from 20 mins on the trailer to 4 hrs out. We enjoy the northern routes and often seek Sedona, Flagstaff and Payson in the summer. Take Friday off leave Thursday after work and camp/ride all weekend.
HMU we you get out here also there is tons of trail info online.

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We live in Peoria, west valley and there’s tons of rides from 20 mins on the trailer to 4 hrs out. We enjoy the northern routes and often seek Sedona, Flagstaff and Payson in the summer. Take Friday off leave Thursday after work and camp/ride all weekend.
HMU we you get out here also there is tons of trail info online.
Will definitely keep you guys in mind also. I’m excited for the change. I honestly can’t take another ND winter and would like to be able to ride all year or at least have the option to lol. I’ve decided on the Mesa area right now just to get myself down there and into a place for a couple months then can go from there. Like I said not opposed to traveling just gotta get use to a new place and get my bearings down. Thanks for all the info!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone!

My move date out of this cold ass state of ND will be September 20th and I’m going to be moving to Parker. Have some family there and I’d rather be in a smaller town as it’s what I’m use to. Still would like to meet up with some people to show me some trails and whatnot. Not opposed to traveling for a day ride or to go camp. I’d live on my machine if I could lol.

Another question is would anyone have any info on tires? Just looking to replace my non existent ones I have now. Not looking to spend a lot as I’m trying to stay in budget once I get down there and until I get a job. I would like to find something that would fit my steel factory rims. Later on upgrade but for now just something to get me by. Any info you guys have would be awesome. Hope to meet up with you guys soon.

Thanks
Greg

D

DDDonkey

Look at craigslist, you and get a set with rims weekly for a few hundred dollars when you get out here (Honda or CanAm). Parker is on the Az, Cali border but if you drive west a few hour you can find a set. Being that you're moving to Az I would look at LT truck tires being you can be street legal here.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look at craigslist, you and get a set with rims weekly for a few hundred dollars when you get out here (Honda or CanAm). Parker is on the Az, Cali border but if you drive west a few hour you can find a set. Being that you're moving to Az I would look at LT truck tires being you can be street legal here.
Awesome!! I’ll check that out when I get there. I already have a horn and blinkers so yeah it would be nice to get tires that would last on pavement.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We love to ride in Florence, Crown King, sheeps crossing is nice, and prescott

D

Dgardner

Oct 13, 2016
Phoenix Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all. I am in Phoenix and have a 16 PK5. My schedule has been a mess for the last couple years and My PK5 has low miles (sad). Whenever I get to ride, it is usually with the Razor group. Nice people. My schedule should be opening up now and I would like to ride. How do you Honda folks hook up to ride around hear? I know there is a Razor group on FB. Is there a Honda group on FB?
Daryl

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi all. I am in Phoenix and have a 16 PK5. My schedule has been a mess for the last couple years and My PK5 has low miles (sad). Whenever I get to ride, it is usually with the Razor group. Nice people. My schedule should be opening up now and I would like to ride. How do you Honda folks hook up to ride around hear? I know there is a Razor group on FB. Is there a Honda group on FB?
Daryl
Hi Daryl,

I know there is a fb group I have been waiting for them to accept my request. I’ve also been looking for people to ride with I’m in the Parker/Quartzsite area. Moved here a couple months ago from ND and would love to get out and ride. I know my schedule is opening up here on the 14th to ride.
Greg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!