BOX1

P500 Looking for Wheel Spacers - these work?

P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not the most mechanically deft guy around - I want to add a little stability to my P500. I don't do any hard riding, no mudding or rock crawling. I just use it to hunt and check trail cameras, but I do want to add a little stability to it. I tipped it over on it's side with less than 10 hours on it. I've been riding ATV's and UTV's for years and never did that before. No harm - tipped it right back up and went on my way, but I want to avoid doing that again if possible. I had my 78 year old hunting partner with me that day, thank the Lord he wasn't hurt.

Anyway - I'm looking at these and wanted to make sure these would fit my 2016 P500, so I am asking those of you with more expertise than me:

Amazon.com: (2) 2.0" ATV Wheel Spacers with 4/110 bolt pattern for Yamaha Rhino Polaris Honda Suzuki: Automotive

Thanks ahead of time for any info and help.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I'm not the most mechanically deft guy around - I want to add a little stability to my P500. I don't do any hard riding, no mudding or rock crawling. I just use it to hunt and check trail cameras, but I do want to add a little stability to it. I tipped it over on it's side with less than 10 hours on it. I've been riding ATV's and UTV's for years and never did that before. No harm - tipped it right back up and went on my way, but I want to avoid doing that again if possible. I had my 78 year old hunting partner with me that day, thank the Lord he wasn't hurt.

Anyway - I'm looking at these and wanted to make sure these would fit my 2016 P500, so I am asking those of you with more expertise than me:

Amazon.com: (2) 2.0" ATV Wheel Spacers with 4/110 bolt pattern for Yamaha Rhino Polaris Honda Suzuki: Automotive

Welcome to the forum pastor! I can't speak to the spacers, but offset wheels will help too. Disconnecting the ASB is a big help too. Don't feel bad, more people have had the P5 on it's side than are willing to admit.

Reactions: joeymt33
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

2" on each corner is pretty wide. I have 1" on mine and that's with 26" tires. I didn't want to put too much stress on the components.
Definitely added enough stability for me. Still fits between the wheel wells too.
I noticed those came with Nylock nuts, I would strongly suggest using thread locker. Just my 2 cents.

P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
2" on each corner is pretty wide. I have 1" on mine and that's with 26" tires. I didn't want to put too much stress on the components.
Definitely added enough stability for me. Still fits between the wheel wells too.
I noticed those came with Nylock nuts, I would strongly suggest using thread locker. Just my 2 cents.

So 1" spacers made a difference in the stability? Do you think I would notice a difference in stability with 1" spacers with the stock wheels and tires? If 1" would give me a little more stability, I'd be very happy. Less stress on components, the better - that is for sure. Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum pastor! I can't speak to the spacers, but offset wheels will help too. Disconnecting the ASB is a big help too. Don't feel bad, more people have had the P5 on it's side than are willing to admit.

Ok, help me out here. Here is where I show my lack of mechanical prowess. "off set wheels" - do you mean wider in the rear than the front? Also, what is the ASB? Sorry, I am a mechanical Neanderthal. Thanks so much.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
So 1" spacers made a difference in the stability? Do you think I would notice a difference in stability with 1" spacers with the stock wheels and tires? If 1" would give me a little more stability, I'd be very happy. Less stress on components, the better - that is for sure. Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it.
Every bit helps!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Ok, help me out here. Here is where I show my lack of mechanical prowess. "off set wheels" - do you mean wider in the rear than the front? Also, what is the ASB? Sorry, I am a mechanical Neanderthal. Thanks so much.
Anti sway bar. If you go to Rocky Mountain ATV you can read all about offset wheels.

Reactions: pastorbmp1965
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500

Like trigger, I have 1" on each corner and with 26" tires. When I installed used Loctite. I had the wheels off recently to replace shocks, and all four were still very tight. :)

P

pastorbmp1965

Dec 4, 2016
US
Like trigger, I have 1" on each corner and with 26" tires. When I installed used Loctite. I had the wheels off recently to replace shocks, and all four were still very tight. :)
Thanks. That's gonna be my plan after reading several things. I appreciate all the input.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

P

pastorbmp

Dec 13, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Ok....went to Superatv.com today and they no longer have 1" spacers in stock. So...I ordered the 1.5" spacers. Hopefully these will serve me well. Got a $10 off coupon for signing up for the emails. Good deal on them with free shipping. Excited to get them on and add some additional stability to my beloved P500!

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Ok....went to Superatv.com today and they no longer have 1" spacers in stock. So...I ordered the 1.5" spacers. Hopefully these will serve me well. Got a $10 off coupon for signing up for the emails. Good deal on them with free shipping. Excited to get them on and add some additional stability to my beloved P500!
They aren't the only ones that sell spacers. Don't forget the ASB, and check out the P5 suspension thread for additional stability.

Reactions: pastorbmp
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

You're not the first one that has said they couldn't get the 1". I wonder if they quit making them or what?
1.5" will be plenty, you'll notice a huge difference. Let us know what you think after install.

Reactions: pastorbmp1965
P

pastorbmp1965

Dec 4, 2016
US
You're not the first one that has said they couldn't get the 1". I wonder if they quit making them or what?
1.5" will be plenty, you'll notice a huge difference. Let us know what you think after install.
Will do. Thanks. Saving up now for some BH 2.0 tires!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!