P500 Looking to buy a left over 2016 Honda pioneer 500

P

Possum

Dec 4, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
Been looking around and found a honda pioneer 500 brand new left over for 6999.00 also they have a new left over 2016 camo for7399.00.Is this a good deal.If I get it I have to travel about 4 hours one way. And I have to move on it tomorrow.

They are offering a 5 year warranty for 20.00 a month extra.I am not sure if this a Honda warranty or dealership warranty. If it is a dealership warranty I will pass because of the 4 hour trip.If it is a Honda warranty I may get it.But I was alway led to believe that Honda makes a great machine and if there is a problem it should occur in the first year.What say all of you that have dealt with Honda over the years.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Hello and welcome!

1. Those (machine) prices are a good deal.
  2. Warranty, IMO, I wouldn't do it. $20 x 60 months = $1,200 ... New Hondas come w 1 year automatically from the date of the sale... and you can add a 2 year extended warranty ANYTIME during the first year. So, say by the 11th month, you'll have a pretty good idea if you're going to need more warranty or not. (You probably won't. Save your money)
  3. Lastly, things like routine maintenance isn't coved under any warranty... so oil changes and adjustments are on your dime, anyways.

Maybe that helps. I own a P500. A Blue one... and I like it a lot.:)

Hopefully I see ya around!

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jshell3

If I were to give you any MORE advice ;)... I would say,
Get a roof at the dealership if it's anywhere in the $300 range.
You may find one cheaper online, but shipping eats up any / all savings.
Since you say you're 4 hours away from dealership, go on and do it when you're negotiating on the initial purchase.
I helped you save $1,200 on the above post... now we ALL get to help you spend it!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
That is a really good price, I have a 2016 blue and gave $8000

P

Possum

Dec 4, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
I was wrong about the camo one it is a 2015 unless that is a typo. The one I am looking at is a blue one also. When I first saw it on cragslist they had it at 7299.00 But when I went on the web to the dealers actual sight it was 6999.00

The 5 year warranty they quoted me was 19.51 extra per month over 3 years and 12.25 per month over 60 months.so the actual cost of the 5 year warranty is around 700.00. I am not big on warranties so I will not get it.

My main concern right now is hauling it.I have 4 trailers,2 large auto haulers a 16 foot cargo and a smaller 12 foot cargo.The 2 large ones are being used presently.One is my temporary barn and has about 300 bales of hay in it.The other an open over the deck one is loaned out. The specs say the 500 is a little over 72 inches high. My small trailer is 72 inches high inside with the door opening only being 68 inches high.My 16 foot trailer is about 78 inches high inside with a door opening of 70 inches high. Possibly I could let air out of the tires or take the roll cage off. My other option is to remove my cap and haul it in my truck. But I am leaning towards driving down and renting an open Uhaul trailer.

What ever I do I have to make my mind up today because this is the last one he has and he sold 2 when I first found them last Thursday.

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
yeah, that sound like a really good deal. Do you know the 2017 have the auto option on transmission. but they are a little higher. I love my 2016 but I wish i would have waited and bought 2017. Just a thought , good luck

Reactions: Jshell3
C

Chooglin

The 2017's also have 1.00 less ground clearance , that would help with the trailer door clearance !

Reactions: rocmar
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Make sure to consider destination fees. If they are charging that in addition to the prices you posted, then it's not such a good deal. Don't pay destination fees- every dealer I dealt with wasn't charging them, but some try to sneak that in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was wrong about the camo one it is a 2015 unless that is a typo. The one I am looking at is a blue one also. When I first saw it on cragslist they had it at 7299.00 But when I went on the web to the dealers actual sight it was 6999.00

The 5 year warranty they quoted me was 19.51 extra per month over 3 years and 12.25 per month over 60 months.so the actual cost of the 5 year warranty is around 700.00. I am not big on warranties so I will not get it.

My main concern right now is hauling it.I have 4 trailers,2 large auto haulers a 16 foot cargo and a smaller 12 foot cargo.The 2 large ones are being used presently.One is my temporary barn and has about 300 bales of hay in it.The other an open over the deck one is loaned out. The specs say the 500 is a little over 72 inches high. My small trailer is 72 inches high inside with the door opening only being 68 inches high.My 16 foot trailer is about 78 inches high inside with a door opening of 70 inches high. Possibly I could let air out of the tires or take the roll cage off. My other option is to remove my cap and haul it in my truck. But I am leaning towards driving down and renting an open Uhaul trailer.

What ever I do I have to make my mind up today because this is the last one he has and he sold 2 when I first found them last Thursday.

No Dude....
play Possum.....
on um....
hehehe

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I HATE BEING RUSHED INTO A PURCHASE!!

My first instinct would be to get it home on/in one of your trailers. Let the air out. Pull the suspension down with ratchet straps. Take the roll cage off. Call in that trailer you loaned out.

All you have to do in a hurry is make the deal. You can let it stay there a week until you can get over there with a trailer that will haul it.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Make sure to consider destination fees. If they are charging that in addition to the prices you posted, then it's not such a good deal. Don't pay destination fees- every dealer I dealt with wasn't charging them, but some try to sneak that in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is good advice. Make sure when shopping around, that your comparing the out-the-door price. Have the dealer give you a total price with any "additional charges" itemized for you. Sometimes they will have a low internet price to lure you in, and then tack on extra charges that make the final price not very competitive.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Been looking around and found a honda pioneer 500 brand new left over for 6999.00 also they have a new left over 2016 camo for7399.00.Is this a good deal.If I get it I have to travel about 4 hours one way. And I have to move on it tomorrow.

They are offering a 5 year warranty for 20.00 a month extra.I am not sure if this a Honda warranty or dealership warranty. If it is a dealership warranty I will pass because of the 4 hour trip.If it is a Honda warranty I may get it.But I was alway led to believe that Honda makes a great machine and if there is a problem it should occur in the first year.What say all of you that have dealt with Honda over the years.
buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6999

ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
Blue 16 model in Parkersburg WV 7400.
Make sure to consider destination fees

^^^Sage!!

2016 Blue 500 in Parkersburg WV $7400. $300 in fees...Still under 8K (taxes paid in your SOR). Was still there last Friday.

Last edited:
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The dealer I work at never discounts the Honda SxS's. Price is always full retail plus the destination fee, even if they are not the current model year and are used as demo's.

Reactions: lwhite571
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
The 2017's also have 1.00 less ground clearance , that would help with the trailer door clearance !
My '17 fits nicely through the 72" vertical door of my enclosed trailer, however, by the looks of the OEM roof, I don't think it would fit so I got the aluminum roof from EMP, fits great and low profile, plus I like the rain gutters front and back.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
It could be only 1/2" , I was going by the specs on Honda webb sight !

I was curious because I also read something about there being a 1" difference, so I measured both as we had a '17 in the shop and a '16 in the showroom.

Reactions: Chooglin
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My '17 fits nicely through the 72" vertical door of my enclosed trailer, however, by the looks of the OEM roof, I don't think it would fit so I got the aluminum roof from EMP, fits great and low profile, plus I like the rain gutters front and back.
Do you have some pics of your rig with the EMP roof? Seems like it would be a good alternative option to the butt ugly OEM hard roof.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Do you have some pics of your rig with the EMP roof? Seems like it would be a good alternative option to the butt ugly OEM hard roof.

Although it won't win any beauty prize, the Honda roof does have a few advantages over the aftermarkets. Such as the front edge goes out beyond the ROPS, acting like a visor. The back edge extends down further, so both the front and back will work better to keep water from running in. Then with their clamp system, it's quick and easy to remove.

Reactions: FuzzyGrub

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!