BOX1

P1000 Low gear clunks

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Trying to figure out why my 2018 honda pioneer 1000 when put into low gear as soon as i touch the gas pedal to go low gear cluncks in the sub transmission like the gear isnt fully engaged. I tried searching the topic but not really finding anything.

Thanks.

Reactions: Isaiah
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not sure, someone may have a better answer but it could be that Your shift cable is out of adjustment!!!

Reactions: Isaiah
R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thats what im hoping it is. Id like to try and fix myslef but not sure of the adjusting part. Hoping someone else experienced this and has an answer.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to figure out why my 2018 honda pioneer 1000 when put into low gear as soon as i touch the gas pedal to go low gear cluncks in the sub transmission like the gear isnt fully engaged. I tried searching the topic but not really finding anything.

Thanks.

Thanks.
@Ragnar406

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely needs adjusting... It is easy. Just annoying to get a wrench to it. You have to remove the battery to get to it. You need to look at a shop manual though. That’s what I did... If you are a supporting member there is A free one.. It’s kind of hard to explain.

Reactions: TripleB and RyanG
R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So i made sure that my gear selector is properly adjusted, but still have low gear clunking. I do notice another cable thats attached to the gear selector im guessing thats what goes to the subtransmisson. Can anyone verify that, and maybe thats wat needs adjusting. Thanks.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i made sure that my gear selector is properly adjusted, but still have low gear clunking. I do notice another cable thats attached to the gear selector im guessing thats what goes to the subtransmisson. Can anyone verify that, and maybe thats wat needs adjusting. Thanks.
The other cable goes to your turf mode box...

Reactions: RyanG
R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So an update on this i had it at dealership and its ither a bad relay, a short somewhere or theres something wrong with the computer..... anyone hear of anything like this. Anyone know of relays i can check. I haf to bring the bike home as dealership was closing due to this virus outbreak so i didnt wanna be without a bike for 2 weeks.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So an update on this i had it at dealership and its ither a bad relay, a short somewhere or theres something wrong with the computer..... anyone hear of anything like this. Anyone know of relays i can check. I haf to bring the bike home as dealership was closing due to this virus outbreak so i didnt wanna be without a bike for 2 weeks.
Mine did this for the first time tonight. It seems like the cable as I wiggled the selector and it seemed ok afterwards. You have me a little nervous if it's a bad electrical issue...

R

RyanG

Sep 20, 2019
NORTH BAY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine did this for the first time tonight. It seems like the cable as I wiggled the selector and it seemed ok afterwards. You have me a little nervous if it's a bad electrical issue...
I still havnt brought it in to get fixed yet.... every other gear is fine so they said wont hurt nothing. I did the clutch re teach and it seemed like it was fixed but i went down the road and stopped out it in low gear and start clunking again. Fustrating. I want it fixed so will be callin to get it in shortly. Let me know if you figure anything out. I did post a video on here of it. See if i can find it.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still havnt brought it in to get fixed yet.... every other gear is fine so they said wont hurt nothing. I did the clutch re teach and it seemed like it was fixed but i went down the road and stopped out it in low gear and start clunking again. Fustrating. I want it fixed so will be callin to get it in shortly. Let me know if you figure anything out. I did post a video on here of it. See if i can find it.
Absolutley! I already sent an email to my dealer and I plan on tearing into the front end to play with the cable tomorrow

Reactions: TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!