P1000 Low gear gone

R

Rozik42

Sep 1, 2020
Pittsburgh pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I got a 2016 pioneer 1000 5 delux and it will not go into low gear anytime you try to shift into low gear it just grinds anyone else have this problem I’ve read some other things people are saying it’s a common problem? Anyone have any info would be greatly appreciated thank you

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you adjusted your shift cables? There's a YouTube video tutorial.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wrhii
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wouldn't say its real common but it has happened. I think @Ragnar406 has had it happen to him.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I lost Low gear, When i took it in the the "dog ears" had rounded ever so slightly. They claimed that it must have been grinding going into low gear but mine might have done it 1 or 2 times before the cable was adjust and that was in the beginning not 3 years after riding.

Anyway They ended up replacing the gears in the Sub tran and I can say it has appeared to be more solid since. At the time they said "Honda is going to fix it this time" but it was also under extended warranty.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as common I think it has been more common for the Talon but not the pioneer

Reactions: wrhii and JenElio
R

Rozik42

Sep 1, 2020
Pittsburgh pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. More than likely I’m going to change it myself to save on shop costs. Does anybody know if they have done it there self’s looking for tips

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thank you. More than likely I’m going to change it myself to save on shop costs. Does anybody know if they have done it there self’s looking for tips
I think you'll have more of an issue getting a hold of the parts. I believe there are a few others waiting on parts that have been on backorder for a while due to this Covid nonsense.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you'll have more of an issue getting a hold of the parts. I believe there are a few others waiting on parts that have been on backorder for a while due to this Covid nonsense.
I'm one of them, but its one talon reverse gear I'm waiting on. I have had the pioneer parts for a few months, been waiting on the last talon part since June 5.

I'm about to say the hell with it and put it all back with 100% pioneer parts....

Reactions: wrhii and Ragnar406
R

Rozik42

Sep 1, 2020
Pittsburgh pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been seeing a lot of people putting talon reverse gear in there machines. Should I put a talon gear in I know it’s on back order But I also have time to wait or just keep it pioneer gear?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’ve been seeing a lot of people putting talon reverse gear in there machines. Should I put a talon gear in I know it’s on back order But I also have time to wait or just keep it pioneer gear?
If you don't mind waiting, I'd install the lower Talon reverse gear.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had my talon reverse gears on backorder since mid-July, finally got them last week. Shop around, they may be getting caught up.

I just wrote up my sub-trans breakdown in the shop talk section, may help you with the job.

Reactions: Hondoman and wrhii
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had my talon reverse gears on backorder since mid-July, finally got them last week. Shop around, they may be getting caught up.

I just wrote up my sub-trans breakdown in the shop talk section, may help you with the job.
Mine came in September 8th and I installed it the following weekend. It made a noticeable difference, not drastic but worth doing especially if your a splitting the case for something else.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!