Talon Lower Door Panels

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I finally got some lower door panels and once they are installed they look and seem to work great. But I know Honda could have done a better job with the design. They could have been easier to install and they have been if they would have cut the 3 cutouts in the door frame when they cast them.

I put nerf bars and door panels on today and could not believe how much between the two I had to cut on a new machine.

20190427 214123

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, I'm with you! I did my lower door panels yesterday and wow, far from a bolt-on accesory. I also added the lower door storage bags. Honda sure ain't ashamed of having me cut and drill and dremel plastic on my new machine!
Your nerfs look good. I read the installation instructions for them and the amount of work and cutting scared me away from buying them.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I finally got some lower door panels and once they are installed they look and seem to work great. But I know Honda could have done a better job with the design. They could have been easier to install and they have been if they would have cut the 3 cutouts in the door frame when they cast them.

I put nerf bars and door panels on today and could not believe how much between the two I had to cut on a new machine.

View attachment 125689
should of been there stock.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes, I'm with you! I did my lower door panels yesterday and wow, far from a bolt-on accesory. I also added the lower door storage bags. Honda sure ain't ashamed of having me cut and drill and dremel plastic on my new machine!
Your nerfs look good. I read the installation instructions for them and the amount of work and cutting scared me away from buying them.
How do you like the bags?
On top the nerf bars being a pain to install I had bolt that holds one of the rocker panels on strip the Allen head and I was being super cautious because of how tight they were, ended up having to drill it out and use a easyout to get it out.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Think of the large holes that would be visible if they had pre cut the panels.

Everybody would complain of the large holes then.
As smart as they are they could done some removable plugs or even better knowing that 95% of the folks buying them would rather have the full door they could have installed them factory and made the half door a added accessory.

H

HondaTech

Every sport SXS has a large hole in the bottom of the boot. Hell the RZR might as well not even have a door. Hondas gap is pretty acceptable IMO.

I think they did the right thing to not pre cut or install plugs. Plugs would make it look cheap to me.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nerf bars were easier to install than lowers...

Reactions: Bigblue1
rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone know where to get the door seal that comes with the lower panels? You get 2 short pieces in the kit for each door. I think you can add more door seal to better seal the gap between the lower panel and door.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone know where to get the door seal that comes with the lower panels? You get 2 short pieces in the kit for each door. I think you can add more door seal to better seal the gap between the lower panel and door.

You’ll want to verify exact dimensions, but I believe a vertical bulb seal is what you’re after:

Vertical Bulb Trim Seal Bulb Height: 45/64" Edge thickness: 1/64" to 9/64" ( 5 Feet ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EAMHGRS/?tag=sxsweb24-20

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yep, if that's what you're looking to buy I'd say that'd be the ticket.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I used some auto marine rubber weather seal that I got from Home Depot I put a small strip of it lengthwise in between the bottom of the stock door and on top of the lower door panel I put it more towards the outside I wasn’t concerned about the gaskets that they give me sealing up the doors the problem with the doors is going to be the dirt coming through the crack and falling down into the inside panel of the lower door you must seal that up more towards the outside not the inside if you want to keep the lower door from filling with dirt I am not very good at loading pictures if somebody would call me at 406-909-0119 I will text you the picture of the product I got from Home Depot then you can load it onto the site to help others I believe the reason they sent the gasket that they sent us was to keep the doors more parallel to each other

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have contacted Wolfsnout a manufacture of heat seal off kits for Polaris RZR about the shifter area. I am sending him pictures of the shifter area. He is located in LILborn GA if some one was close for him to look at a Talon. Here is a link to Wolfsnout.

https://wolfsnout.net/utv-accessories/

Wednomo

Wednomo

May 24, 2019
Nampa Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
At least the side skid plates are marked "on the backside" where the cut out needs to be for the nerf bars, this is very helpful. The doors are also marked but are a little more involved, maybe I didn't have the most ideal method/tools for the job, but I did eventually win the battle.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Are the factory lower doors plastic or are them aluminum ? No one around here has them and the dealer said he “thought” they were plastic but not too sure?? Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!