P700 Lowering Honda OEM hard top

H

hays4

Jul 13, 2020
Hannibal MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any quick tips on bracket mods to lower the OEM Hard top on my 2020 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
How much lowering do you need?
2014 P700 - 4 lowered roof about 1-1/2 to 2in.
This got the machine under 7ft. OH Door ( with snow tracks ON ).
Requires relocating & turning some of the clamps. ( Relocating -- plugging or sealings OEM holes needed made rubber gaskets out of rubber roofing )

Measure Roof HEIGHT before taking off the clamps.
Take all clamps off put roof on settle it to the lowest position.
Put the center clamps on roll cage ( if remember right I turned these ) pull down on the roof until it touches roll cage locate & trace New position of the clamp ( mark-- drill holes & attach ) donot tighten at this time.
Continue the same process at Front & Rear clamps ( turn if needed ) tighten ALL BOLTS NOW.

If you still need more in the rear .
Parked under my 4post lift.
Put a 2x4 across the back top corners of the roof applied slight Down pressure with the lift at the same time using a Heat gun to soften the plastic Be Careful not to over soften.( Flattened just back top corners )
As best as I can rember how this was done ------ in 2014 ------ sold in 2018

Hondabits

Hondabits

Nov 9, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
2020, Did the bracket flip, had to saw off the back 2 seat belt bolts flush, then was able to pull the top down enough. Front brackets no change. Center and rear flipped. Gained a couple inches.

Reactions: Lassie_21
Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Buggy
Door4

Chopped 6.5" and yes, the soft half doors have to be chopped as well. When you chop the top, keep up with where you made the alterations to the roll bar and do it in the same spot on the doors, both framing and material, and it will work out perfect. The framing is aluminum, so tig or braze. But so worth it. I done it so we could get it in the toyhauler with the 28's on it, got tired of changing out the wheels before and after every ride when we hauled it somewhere.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!