BOX1

P700 Lug nuts

G

Gwishy74

Aug 11, 2020
NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found a set of P1000 take offs and bought them for my 700. I purchased a wheel adapter kit but noticed they had 10mm x 1.25 wheel studs. Since the 700 has 12mm studs is there any concern running with the 10mm... I don’t horse it, mostly hunting and recreational trail riding... I know there’s tensile strength differences from 10mm to 12mm but will it raise that much concern?

Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Won't work
I think it will.
Wheels are lug-centric.
The studs from the 700 into the spacers may need to be drilled out if they have sized the spacer hold for 10mm. Only talking a hair.
IE, My Rincon wheels, which were 10mm fitment, fit my 700. but barely.

The spacers have 10mm studs.. This is not really a concern if you ensure lug-centric fitment as for fitment.
If you are just putt-putting around... It will work. Hunting... Sure.
Long-distance off-road adventures. Maybe not just for the sake of being SOL miles from the truck.

You mentioned the tensile. Not sure we can find that info.
Maybe consider replacing them with 12mm studs at some point if you like the look.

G

Gwishy74

Aug 11, 2020
NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it will.
Wheels are lug-centric.
The studs from the 700 into the spacers may need to be drilled out if they have sized the spacer hold for 10mm. Only talking a hair.
IE, My Rincon wheels, which were 10mm fitment, fit my 700. but barely.

The spacers have 10mm studs.. This is not really a concern if you ensure lug-centric fitment as for fitment.
If you are just putt-putting around... It will work. Hunting... Sure.
Long-distance off-road adventures. Maybe not just for the sake of being SOL miles from the truck.

You mentioned the tensile. Not sure we can find that info.
Maybe consider replacing them with 12mm studs at some point if you like the look.

That was kinda my thought, I’ve got them on. I was just concerned about design spec. From what I’ve researched the Can-Am Defender has 10mm studs...

G

Gwishy74

Aug 11, 2020
NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Won't work unless you change it to match but if you got the time then it will work. The 1000 takes 12 mm studs and the 700 takes 10 mm studs .

My 700 has 12mm studs. I’ve got the tires mounted, my concern was the 10mm studs on the adapter. Designed for 12mm and I’m riding on 10mm...

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My 700 has 12mm studs. I’ve got the tires mounted, my concern was the 10mm studs on the adapter. Designed for 12mm and I’m riding on 10mm...
ok thats right my bad

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!