P1000 Manual Transmission

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Is there a setting that I can use so that manual transmission is the primary option every time I turn the pioneer on and put it into gear? Right now, the "default" mode is auto. I bought the pioneer to shift. I don't want to sound lazy but I don't want to push the button every time I put it into gear and drive.

Reactions: Sunrider
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There is not one that I know of but I'm sure that could be changed. How? I don't know and it would probably void a warranty.

Interesting thought though, it would be cool to have a rocker switch that said "auto" or "manual" and it stayed in the switched mode all the time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There is not one that I know of but I'm sure that could be changed. How? I don't know and it would probably void a warranty.

Interesting thought though, it would be cool to have a rocker switch that said "auto" or "manual" and it stayed in the switched mode all the time.
Be nice for plowing!

Reactions: joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a setting that I can use so that manual transmission is the primary option every time I turn the pioneer on and put it into gear? Right now, the "default" mode is auto. I bought the pioneer to shift. I don't want to sound lazy but I don't want to push the button every time I put it into gear and drive.
I wonder if you could swap the wires around on the switch. Im just guessing I don't know

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if you could swap the wires around on the switch. Im just guessing I don't know
This reminds me of a switch setup on the Cummins Diesel website. The switch wires in to give you control over auto tranny lock up. We Just need some more time for this machine to be on the market so the tinkerers can work some magic.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Poppaj

Poppaj

Apr 29, 2017
SE Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would also be nice if "manual mode" would actually be true manual. I get frustrated with the machine still trying to downshift whenever it thinks it should.
Has anyone tried? is it possible? Let us decide if it needs to shift!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!