BOX1

Talon MFG,s Build

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I finally had time to add a few additions to the Talon this weekend. New HMF Tailgate, New KFI trailer hitch, New cooler and new 1 1/2" wheel spacers to get the rear track even with the front.

IMG 5012

IMG 5014

IMG 5015
IMG 5009
IMG 5007

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finally ordered tires and wheels and got them installed. I cut the sidewall on one of the original front tires and decided to upgrade. I studied tires for a while and ended up going with the 30" ITP Terra Hooks. They are very light and ride great. I had them installed on 14" MSA deadlock wheels with the 4+3 offset. I went with the 14" wheel to gain some more tire sidewall. The overall package weighed 51lb and measured 29 1/2" tall with 12lbs of air in them. I can't wait to try them out.
IMG 5420

IMG 5421

IMG 5422

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had time over the holidays to install a Warn 4500 winch using the Warn winch mount. The mounting was very easy and the fit was great. I used the factory Honda install instruction to help with the wiring. I mounted the exterior remote plug up high in the drivers side from wheel well for easy access and used the Honda side by side club switch adapter to mount the cabin switch by the head light switch. I also used the Honda side by side club power adapter for the horn plug to give me 12V power when the key is turned on.
It took quiet a bit of time to loom all the cables before the install but it turned out factory nice.

IMG 5428

IMG 5429

IMG 5430

IMG 5431

IMG 5432

IMG 5433
IMG 5430

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
How about telling us what model wheel that is and where you got it and how did you adapt it to the steering shaft.... I'd like to have something like what you show... looks dam nice to say the least.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
How about telling us what model wheel that is and where you got it and how did you adapt it to the steering shaft.... I'd like to have something like what you show... looks dam nice to say the least.

It is basically Ebay cheap s***. They have nice billet adapters and I was planning on getting one later but so far, this one has done well. You have to cut the back side of the adapter down to get the wheel close to the paddle shifters. I cut it with a cutter blade on my hand grinder. When you get it in your hand you will see what I am talking about. Here is the adapter JDM 6 Hole Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor Racing Kit for 92-96 Honda Prelude BB2 | eBay

This is the steering wheel but you can use any wheel that bolts to the adapter. Universal 350mm Black Suede Racing Steering Wheel 14" Sport Leather New 001 | eBay

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I finally added the Talon front a arm and rear arm skids this weekend. They are made of very thick plastic and will protect pretty well.
IMG 2186

Reactions: FJC 79
ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
what brand are your a arm gaurds.

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It is basically Ebay cheap s***. They have nice billet adapters and I was planning on getting one later but so far, this one has done well. You have to cut the back side of the adapter down to get the wheel close to the paddle shifters. I cut it with a cutter blade on my hand grinder. When you get it in your hand you will see what I am talking about. Here is the adapter JDM 6 Hole Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor Racing Kit for 92-96 Honda Prelude BB2 | eBay

This is the steering wheel but you can use any wheel that bolts to the adapter. Universal 350mm Black Suede Racing Steering Wheel 14" Sport Leather New 001 | eBay

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Very nice build. Once you cut the steering wheel adapter down, is the reach to the paddles the same as the stock wheel? Can you show a side view of the adapter. Thinking about going but a little nervous.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Very nice build. Once you cut the steering wheel adapter down, is the reach to the paddles the same as the stock wheel? Can you show a side view of the adapter. Thinking about going but a little nervous.

Thanks, and yes the paddles are the same distance from the steering wheel. I can try to get a picture tonight. This is a different adapter but the picture shows what I cut off. I measured from the factory wheel before I started and then made several cuts on the adapter until I cut off enough for the new wheel and adapter to be the same measurement as stock. The splines are deep in the adapter so what you cut off does not mater.

HTB1bN0wMbvpK1RjSZPiq6zmwXXaZ

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
6413680A 6712 4266 A69F 81BF8D66B3B7

i just did the same.

total cost $32 for the steering wheel and 1992 prelude adapter. (Ebay free shipping)

i left the adapter as long as possible to get the steering wheel closer to me. (Long legs short arms)

Reactions: IDIOT
M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks, and yes the paddles are the same distance from the steering wheel. I can try to get a picture tonight. This is a different adapter but the picture shows what I cut off. I measured from the factory wheel before I started and then made several cuts on the adapter until I cut off enough for the new wheel and adapter to be the same measurement as stock. The splines are deep in the adapter so what you cut off does not mater.

View attachment 177948
That picture of the hub helps a lot. I was thinking the piece to be cut was a lot bigger diameter and therefore difficult to get a good cut. I was also nervous about the spline depth but you've answered that question. Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to give it a try. The Honda steering wheel is just so boring looking and if the new wheel gives a good feel all the better. I had been looking a Assault wheels and adapters but there just too expensive.

Reactions: CID
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That picture of the hub helps a lot. I was thinking the piece to be cut was a lot bigger diameter and therefore difficult to get a good cut. I was also nervous about the spline depth but you've answered that question. Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to give it a try. The Honda steering wheel is just so boring looking and if the new wheel gives a good feel all the better. I had been looking a Assault wheels and adapters but there just too expensive.

It is way more comfortable to drive. I forgot to get a picture of mine last night to compare with his. Ill try to do it tonight.

Reactions: CID and IDIOT
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks, @Sheetmetalfab for the lead. I ordered the same hub and a different wheel (d-shaped for personal preference). Just a note if anyone else likes this steering wheel; they accepted my offer of $58 after some haggling back and forth to save a few bucks.

I'd been looking into Assault and Hess Motorsports, but didn't want to fork out $150+ since I knew universal options existed, but wasn't sure what adapter to use. The beauty of a good forum.

Here are links to what I ordered as well as a photo:

320mm Leather Superqua Flat Steering Wheel For OMP MOMO Hub Red Stit Red Stripe | eBay

Prelude 92-96/Accord 90-97 Jdm Hub Adapter Kit Fit 6-Hole Steering Wheel Black | eBay

Talon D Shaped Steering Wheel

Reactions: CID
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
A7F5562E 6CC0 4403 9DDA CD421037088C
18947A87 733D 40D6 8396 B35315DA62D9
I finally took a couple of pics this morning. I hope this helps. Like I said I just measured the stock setup and cut my adapter several times until it had the same measurement as stock

Reactions: Isaiah and IDIOT
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!