colin215213

colin215213

Old Hippie
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is everyone putting their ORV stickers? The fact they want them in the back and on a permanent flat surface limits the placement on a 1000-5. Considered adding a plate to accommodate the stickers but rather see what other Michiganders are doing first.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Put my two stickers on the upper area of the rear vertical roll bar supports just below the OEM roof. This was on the brand new 700. Unfortunately they wanted to come off due to the smooth painted bars and rounded surface. The fix was wrapping the stickers to the bars using clear shipping tape, problem solved. True, I'll have to remove tape residue next spring for new stickers, but that's why they make GooGone, mineral spirits and kerosine.

On the 700, and I assume the 1000, there is no good flat surface to put the stickers on other than maybe the chassis by the trailer hitch area.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not sure how big/small your sticker is but my FL sticker fits perfectly on the seatbelt plastic cover. I haven't had any issues with it coming off and wildlife officers haven't said anything about the location.
20210206 115920 HDR2

Good luck 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where is everyone putting their ORV stickers? The fact they want them in the back and on a permanent flat surface limits the placement on a 1000-5. Considered adding a plate to accommodate the stickers but rather see what other Michiganders are doing first.
The back of the ROPS is where i use to put mine. There also a b**** to get the sticky off when u change them there. Then i added a plastic UTV license plate at the top rear of my honda hard roof. Works very well.
I’ll have to wait so I get home to take a pic for you

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My tags are under my taillights on the bottom portion of the rollbar. View attachment 279269
Good idea you must’ve not run any kind of mud yet? Lol they will be coverd solid in Minutes lol
I did that the first season I had mine in 16. I was always trying to scrape it so the tags would show

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
so to clear things up and to take it for whats its worth, the Otsego co Sheriff patrol on there sxs checking tags on Memorial day we were stopped by did say, the tags HAVE to be visible not covered and preferably not in/by mud lol at all times. Similar to our snowmobile trail tag. The UTV plate i have, the stickers come off nicely with a little heat.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so to clear things up and to take it for whats its worth, the Otsego co Sheriff patrol on there sxs checking tags on Memorial day we were stopped by did say, the tags HAVE to be visible not covered and preferably not in/by mud lol at all times. Similar to our snowmobile trail tag. The UTV plate i have, the stickers come off nicely with a little heat. View attachment 279304
I think a flat tag would be best. When I worked the road as a trooper, I'd stop folks for plates leaned up in the rear window of their car (sometimes held there by a Kleenex box). I'd never write a ticket for it. I'd educate them on getting it fixed. It did allow me to legally stop them though since it didn't meet Secretary of State Vehicle Code requirements.

It was usually other things (guns, open alcohol, loud exhaust, seat belt, drugs, drunk driving, etc.) that I would find more interesting or necessary to take enforcement action on. I had many traffic stops that were had over license plate display violations that never received a ticket but opened the door to meet a trooper.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think a flat tag would be best. When I worked the road as a trooper, I'd stop folks for plates leaned up in the rear window of their car (sometimes held there by a Kleenex box). I'd never write a ticket for it. I'd educate them on getting it fixed. It did allow me to legally stop them though since it didn't meet Secretary of State Vehicle Code requirements.

It was usually other things (guns, open alcohol, loud exhaust, seat belt, drugs, drunk driving, etc.) that I would find more interesting or necessary to take enforcement action on. I had many traffic stops that were had over license plate display violations that never received a ticket but opened the door to meet a trooper.
Thats funny! Haha my cousins a sgt at the Lelanau sheriff's dept Says the same things you said mostly warnings for those types of violations. His fun one is the plate with the film tore off so u cant read it and people know it and still put a new sticker on it and they try to tell him “i didnt know it was like that officer” 🤨 😂

colin215213

colin215213

Old Hippie
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats funny! Haha my cousins a sgt at the Lelanau sheriff's dept Says the same things you said mostly warnings for those types of violations. His fun one is the plate with the film tore off so u cant read it and people know it and still put a new sticker on it and they try to tell him “i didnt know it was like that officer” 🤨 😂
Read that a Lake County Sheriff ticketed a rider in Baldwin for not having headlights on. No warning, just a ticket with a exuberant fine of 260+$$$$. Great safety practice, but some do forget during daylight hours, especially after a few beers... BTW, I did not know headlights were required during daylight hours... 🤨

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By the way, a mounting plate could draw more scrutiny because it could be moved to another vehicle.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
By the way, a mounting plate could draw more scrutiny because it could be moved to another vehicle.
Really? No chit!
How about when u mount it it's not ghetto or ridge runner looking and that thought is out the window! There not registered to spacific sxs's so that would b hard to trace even if u were a tool box that would even fathom to thinking of doing that. Just be normal and don't drive, look like or be an idiot! So that will be the farthest from their mind.

Reactions: Stateboy and Lady01
weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put mine on the rops up high the first year I had it and then added a back curtain which ended up covering them so had to move them to just over the mud busters and just below the back window drape where it comes down to get secured.
Sticker

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!