P1000 minimizing dust in pioneer 1000-5 cab

R

rmartelli49

Mar 6, 2016
golfito, costa rica
I would like to know if anyone has installed the 2-piece polycarbonate window to reduce the inswirl of dust. My friend has a John Deere and he has a 2 piece window which when hes on the gravel he lowers the bottom of the window which provides a positive airflow in the cabin which helps reduce the dust swinging in around the front and into the cab. I want to install the 2-piece polycarbonate window on my 1000-5 but i was hoping someone would have a little input on whether honda's poly window would help with the dust? Any info would be great!!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the Honda two piece windshield. With it tilted out or the upper piece removed, the dust isn't too bad. But when it's fully closed, the dust gets worse.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
With a front windshield you will need to get the rear panel. My 700-4 was a nightmare until I got the rear panel. Cut the dust in half if not more.

Bwaller872

Bwaller872

Feb 6, 2016
Georgia
Mine is terrible with front wind shield I am trying to figure out now haw to limit it.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The dirty backdraft almost disappeared completely when I put the hard back panel on.
That's when I noticed the engine heat coming between the seats. (another thread about that)
Honda probably designed these accessories to generate a cascading sales effect. Not sure which one will take care the cab heat.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seriously if you crack the windshield it helps push air through the cab. If the back screen works I'll buy one.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm thinking the heat might be a little less noticeable in the summer since the air around you will already be so hot. At least I hope so anyways

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i found this on amazon, and I was thinking of cutting a hole in the hard roof and installing it. Do you think it would help draw in more air and cut down on the dust? Or would it just cause the dust to circulate and "roll" more in the cab?

71wLc4QBoIL SL1500

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So i found this on amazon, and I was thinking of cutting a hole in the hard roof and installing it. Do you think it would help draw in more air and cut down on the dust? Or would it just cause the dust to circulate and "roll" more in the cab?

View attachment 38845
That is the same thing that is in my Mack Dump Truck LoL. Works damn good in the Mack for getting some fresh air blowing on me in the cab. Can't say how well it will work on the Pioneer but it would look cool. Now you have me thinking about putting one in.:)

Reactions: THEOLDMAN
A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is the same thing that is in my Mack Dump Truck LoL. Works damn good in the Mack for getting some fresh air blowing on me in the cab. Can't say how well it will work on the Pioneer but it would look cool. Now you have me thinking about putting one in.:)

That's awesome! now that you mention it, there is something similar in an old gmc cab over truck that I've got. It never crossed my mind that was there until you mentioned it. Heck the thing hasn't run in 15 years

I think I may go for it and see what happens

Reactions: calvin17
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 38845

That's a pretty cool find. It may work good. May take two but who knows. You need to create positive pressure in the cab to keep dust from rolling in. Preferably you need to add positive pressure right behind the windshield.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the fabric rear mid panel.....do you think having the zipped closed would be enough to create positive pressure?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the fabric rear mid panel.....do you think having the zipped closed would be enough to create positive pressure?

Thank about a person that smokes, they barely cracked their window when they're going down the highway which creates a Venturi effect and pulls the smoke out. This is what happens in our pioneers with the windshield on. The wind rushing past the windshield creates a negative pressure zone in the cabin which allows it to pull the dust from the back and through all the cracks around the engine compartment. In my experience, the rear panel for the five seater did help reduce dust and our three seater with the rear panel which is the same as the five seater mid panel, it also helps reduce dust.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

Dlgarus

Dlgarus

Feb 21, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 38845

I like that. What is the product name on amazon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to see pictures of this and I'd like to know how turns out. This could be pretty cool!

"DGann"....I hammer down one time and break something and joeymt33 don't let me forget it!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!