Mirrors for Honda Factory Upper Doors - Seizmik Strike brackets

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Well, Seizmik has won over a loyal customer as they're sending out the Strike mirror mounts without charge for me to try with my pursuit mirrors. I'd seen the person who reversed the pursuit bracket but it's too thick to fit under my windshield (folding Tusk).

This strike bracket looks super slim and should fit right under, allowing the mirror to be mounted ahead of the Honda Factory doors.

So if you have Honda Factory Upper Doors, I'll let you know after install if it works. I drive so much on the street on the way to forest roads that I really want all mirrors working well.

Cheers,

s
Screen Shot 2021 09 30 at 83839 AM

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Seizmik does have "Great" Customer service! When I sold my Rzr and bought my new 2020 Talon, I kept my Seizmik mirrors. The bracket to attach the mirrors to the roll bar on my Talon was too small. I called Seizmik to see if they had larger brackets I could buy so I could attach my mirror to my Talon. They sent me two new brackets "Free of charge". Who does that anymore??

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
how did the mirrors work out with the honda doors. installing mine on the talon this weekend

R

RKwate

Jun 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Could you post a picture of your mirrors installed? I have the oem upper doors and I'm considering making a custom bracket to mount the mirror to the door itself (like a pick up), but I'd like to look at your solution first. Thanks, Rob.

Reactions: Smitty335
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Could you post a picture of your mirrors installed? I have the oem upper doors and I'm considering making a custom bracket to mount the mirror to the door itself (like a pick up), but I'd like to look at your solution first. Thanks, Rob.
Here you go.

IMG 20211013 150304763 HDR IMG 20211102 151533634

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Turns out that I couldn't see a way to install them with the Honda upper doors. They'll work with my fold down windshield mounted like lowranger, but if turned the other way it won't allow my windshield to close. Next...

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
D
I don't think there's anyway a mirror that mounts to the roll cage will work with the Honda upper doors. I mounted the mirrors to the door itself.

View attachment 314966
Did you make your own brackets? How long have you had them on and still solid?

One could bolt directly to the roll cage between the windshield and door, I suppose.

R

RKwate

Jun 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon x4
The "bracket" is just a flat piece of metal welded onto the inner door frame with two holes drilled into it to mount the mirror. The mirrors are Tusk Pivot folding mirrors that are meant to mount with the two bolts on the roll cage. I had them mounted to the roll cage before I got the upper doors, but I couldn't see a way to make them work mounted to the cage. Also, even if you could mount them to the cage with the upper doors installed, they may not be in the proper position to see out of them, especially the passenger side. They've been on for about three months and are still solid. I thought they might vibrate some while driving, but they really haven't.

Honda mirror mount

Last edited:
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Sep 2, 2020
WI
Ownership

1. Talon X
This is as low as I could mount the Seizmik mirrors with the factory bracket.
IMG 20220126 092144230

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I finally got a driver's side mirror to work, by mounting it below the 2 heavy duty cage bolts. Passenger side is mounted there but it's too low to see from the driver position. They're the Side Mirror Package from doubletake (Components | Doubletake Mirror).

IMG 4044
IMG 4043
IMG 4042

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!