mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Figured I might as well document the stuff I do to this toy.. Not gonna be any big lift kits or 33" tires.. Just normal guy kinda mods. :)

Starting with an '18 P1K3 LE.
I had the dealer swap out the new crappy 4 ply Bighorns for my slightly used 8 ply DOT MotoHammers.

Dragonfire racing's fire extinguisher mount is all I have on so far.. But there's more to come.

IMG 3477

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Figured I might as well document the stuff I do to this toy.. Not gonna be any big lift kits or 33" tires.. Just normal guy kinda mods. :)

Starting with an '18 P1K3 LE.
I had the dealer swap out the new crappy 4 ply Bighorns for my slightly used 8 ply DOT MotoHammers.

Dragonfire racing's fire extinguisher mount is all I have on so far.. But there's more to come.

View attachment 79161
Great looking machine! Hope to see it in person someday soon:)

Reactions: pct and mjn
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Axia Alloys 16" panoramic mirror mounted.
Honda roof is about 5 days away.
Half windshield also about 5 days out.
Seizmik side mirrors about 5 days out.
Correct mounts for the Rigid 20" light bar showed up.
Still waiting on the mounts for the rear cube lights.
Throttle Maxx ordered.
Warn ProVantage 4500S winch & mount ordered.

Working with Concours Specialties on an LED backlit switch panel. Mailed off the warning label today.

Lookin hard at the '93 Accord steering wheel adapter for the 6 hole wheel... gotta pick the right wheel though..

**edit** looks like the Pioneer takes the same quick release kit as my Viking. If so, all I need is a 350mm wheel. IF that kit doesn't space the wheel too far out.

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Axia Alloys 16" panoramic mirror mounted.
Honda roof is about 5 days away.
Half windshield also about 5 days out.
Seizmik side mirrors about 5 days out.
Correct mounts for the Rigid 20" light bar showed up.
Still waiting on the mounts for the rear cube lights.
Throttle Maxx ordered.
Warn ProVantage 4500S winch & mount ordered.

Working with Concours Specialties on an LED backlit switch panel. Mailed off the warning label today.

Lookin hard at the '93 Accord steering wheel adapter for the 6 hole wheel... gotta pick the right wheel though..

**edit** looks like the Pioneer takes the same quick release kit as my Viking. If so, all I need is a 350mm wheel. IF that kit doesn't space the wheel too far out.

The "ADDICTION" is beginning to set in!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The "ADDICTION" is beginning to set in!

yea... I've already been through this once hahahaha! A lot of the accessories I'm putting on this came off my Viking. The lights, rear view mirror, gun rack, etc..
I'm a huge fan of Concours specialties switch panels, the one I had on the Vike was cool.

Greg makes them to your specs. However many switches you want, each one is labeled (LED backlit) and it comes DONE. All Carlisle switches, wiring harness, diagram for what each wire is, etc.. Not cheap, but pretty sweet. He's never done one for an LE Pioneer, so mine will be the first.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Havin difficulty finding time to work on this dam thing...

-Roof is on
-Throttle Maxx installed (good call)
-half shield is in the shop.. in a box.
-I took out the underdash "storage" tray that comes with the LE. Makes the front too tight for our Shepherd.

*have Concours Specialties working on the switch panel
*ordered the Accord steering wheel adapter. As has already been said, the DFR kit puts the steering wheel WAY too far back.
*ordered a RAM mount for my phone

I'm really enjoying this machine. It is SO smooth! No more hurky-jerky throttle like on the Viking. I've gotta be a bit more careful in the pasture though.. I was out checking cows this morning, came up the hill past the house doing about 15 or so.. jumped on the throttle, and BAM! It's sideways.. LOL! It was fun! Finally I've got a machine with some beans! :)

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

-Roof is on
-I took out the underdash "storage" tray that comes with the LE. Makes the front too tight for our Shepherd.

*ordered the Accord steering wheel adapter. As has already been said, the DFR kit puts the steering wheel WAY too far back.

I'm really enjoying this machine. It is SO smooth! No more hurky-jerky throttle like on the Viking. I've gotta be a bit more careful in the pasture though.. I was out checking cows this morning, came up the hill past the house doing about 15 or so.. jumped on the throttle, and BAM! It's sideways.. LOL! It was fun! Finally I've got a machine with some beans! :)
Plenty of beans lol That’s awesome you’re getting her the way you want!

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
She’s no trailer queen, but no submarine either.. she’s a dusty, cow sh!t covered toy.
Roof done, half shield done.. now to get some aluminum to start workin on the bed.

A whoppin 47 miles on the odo, & so far I love this machine!

B6F18FF0 6B79 4040 A5AA E1BD30E43F6A

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

-Roof is on

*ordered a RAM mount for my phone

I'd be interested in that storage tray....I'll send a pm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A couple shots today with both the roof, and the Honda half ‘shield.
The design of both seem pretty good, both are quick release.
This is about as clean as my machine gets..
I’ll wash it a couple times per year, but the next day, it’ll look just like this.
It gets used every morning at 6:30 to irrigate, fix sprinklers, and get the paper.
Then again at night change the water.

F299DED8 FE24 4152 A9EE 298ED3F005D1 FC40962B 3486 4E20 BD8E 7A544E9D4AD9

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, just back from two days at our place in North Idaho.

We only put maybe 20 miles on it, but a large percentage of those miles were in low range.

Take aways;
*LOVE this machine! The suspension is fantastic.
*We both noticed some seat heat.. gonna have to work on that.
*Most definitely have to get skids/rock sliders. More than once I felt sticks bounce off the floor under my feet. Probably go with Ricochet?

My new Cargo trailer made it up to the property with minimal fanfare. I had 1/4" plates welded to the underside of each rear corner. Good thing too! :) SO much nicer with an enclosed trailer. I put all kinds of stuff in there & didn't worry about it. Load & unload was far quicker also.
All in all, a successful, fun two days!

IMG 3537 IMG 3536

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, just back from two days at our place in North Idaho.

We only put maybe 20 miles on it, but a large percentage of those miles were in low range.

Take aways;
*LOVE this machine! The suspension is fantastic.
*We both noticed some seat heat.. gonna have to work on that.
*Most definitely have to get skids/rock sliders. More than once I felt sticks bounce off the floor under my feet. Probably go with Ricochet?

My new Cargo trailer made it up to the property with minimal fanfare. I had 1/4" plates welded to the underside of each rear corner. Good thing too! :) SO much nicer with an enclosed trailer. I put all kinds of stuff in there & didn't worry about it. Load & unload was far quicker also.
All in all, a successful, fun two days!

View attachment 80877 View attachment 80878
For skids I strongly recommend a full one piece skid made from uhmw. It is THE way to go!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For skids I strongly recommend a full one piece skid made from uhmw. It is THE way to go!

Go ahead and beef up the cross members while you got the factory off mine are bent up. From a few dozen trips up and down WidowMaker type trails.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!