P500 Monday/Friday machine UPDATE 3/2/18

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seriously thinking my machine was made on a Monday or Friday. Just discovered this little gem on the right rear of the engine. Anyone else have this problem or have seen anything similar? I’ve still gotta take t back to have the rear diff taken apart and re-sealed plus the rear seal on the engine to the driveshaft needs to be replaced. Starting to wish that I bought the extended warranty with this thing.

My 15 never had one problem and this 17 has been a pain. Should have kept my first one. Oh well... Hopefully after all this gets fixed it will be the end of it.

D091D68A 6EBD 4C45 A83A DC26EE0D409B

D

Deleted member 3748

I haven't noticed anything, but I'm going to look a little harder next time.

Reactions: rocmar
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Every time I look at this thing before a ride I seem to find something new. :mad: Couple weeks it’s going to the shop and I’m taking the service guy right out to the machine with me and pointing everything out.

Love the machine and it’s never left me stranded or anything but for a new machine with less then a 1000 miles on it I’m pretty disappointed in the quality of this one. I’m sure the dealer will make it right but a pain in the ass to have to bring it back again.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seriously thinking my machine was made on a Monday or Friday. Just discovered this little gem on the right rear of the engine. Anyone else have this problem or have seen anything similar? I’ve still gotta take t back to have the rear diff taken apart and re-sealed plus the rear seal on the engine to the driveshaft needs to be replaced. Starting to wish that I bought the extended warranty with this thing.

My 15 never had one problem and this 17 has been a pain. Should have kept my first one. Oh well... Hopefully after all this gets fixed it will be the end of it.

View attachment 57167

Hope they take care..of ya

Reactions: Mudder
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have you checked to make sure a breather hose isn't kinked or something?

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got it down to the dealer a couple weeks ago and got a call back today. They found 6 spots of oil leaks. Some I wasn’t even aware of. For the one on the side of the engine they will have to pull the engine take it apart and re seal it. Hoping that The inside of the engine looks good due to the fact that they think I’ve swamped the machine before which it hasn’t.

They said that it wasn’t caused from cold water on the hot engine. Guess my front diff is also leaking due to a kinked vent line that blew the seal which is not covered so I’ll be paying for that one. Pretty disappointed in this machine. Guess it is what it is and hopefully next year will be better luck and riding. Just wanted to give and update.

C

Chooglin

Finally got it down to the dealer a couple weeks ago and got a call back today. They found 6 spots of oil leaks. Some I wasn’t even aware of. For the one on the side of the engine they will have to pull the engine take it apart and re seal it. Hoping that The inside of the engine looks good due to the fact that they think I’ve swamped the machine before which it hasn’t.

They said that it wasn’t caused from cold water on the hot engine. Guess my front diff is also leaking due to a kinked vent line that blew the seal which is not covered so I’ll be paying for that one. Pretty disappointed in this machine. Guess it is what it is and hopefully next year will be better luck and riding. Just wanted to give and update.
I hope they get it all fixed up for you ,without it costing you to much.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Were you able to gauge the amount of oil you were loosing per ride or per week/month? The reason I ask is i would, if in your position, weigh the cost of the oil loss against the thousands they may charge you for performing repairs that may or may not fix your issues! Honda denied others in the past without merit and billed for the work they did to that point! Wish you the best of luck buddy!

Reactions: Little_g
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just a thought, when all said and done, send a brief summary and documentation directly to Honda of America and request a discussion. First to provide constructive feedback on manufacturing and second to suggest they make you whole for transportation, down time, etc by maybe an extended warranty period or something. Your machine is definately not the norm.
Contact Us - Honda Powersports

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Were you able to gauge the amount of oil you were loosing per ride or per week/month? The reason I ask is i would, if in your position, weigh the cost of the oil loss against the thousands they may charge you for performing repairs that may or may not fix your issues! Honda denied others in the past without merit and billed for the work they did to that point! Wish you the best of luck buddy!
I guess I never noticed how much I put in each time. It wasn’t that Much each time. Maybe total a 1/2 quart. And I’ve only done 2 oil changes on it. I probably do them prematurely but we ride in pretty dusty conditions and it just makes me feel better. I don’t mind paying for my own screw ups but this machine was brand new in February and we don’t ride until April and pretty much since the first ride this stuff has been happening. Still wish I would have kept my 15.

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just a thought, when all said and done, send a brief summary and documentation directly to Honda of America and request a discussion. First to provide constructive feedback on manufacturing and second to suggest they make you whole for transportation, down time, etc by maybe an extended warranty period or something. Your machine is definately not the norm.
Contact Us - Honda Powersports
I asked the service guy to have the Honda rep call me that looked at my machine. I ride the same trails every year. This past summer the machine has been in the shop more then it has been on the trail. My 15 pioneer and my 07 rancher never have issues and I go on the same exact trails so don’t tell me cold water hitting the hot engine caused this. I totally agree this machine is not the norm. Just a bad build day or something. Haha. And I’ve still got the number from the person I spoke to earlier this year about all this. I will be making another call!

Reactions: 500oneer
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Understandable! I’ve noticed a few spots on the Beast as well! I’ve come to expect issues making pre-ride inspection so much more important! Preventative maintenance should be the standard we all take! It’s just that when companies use loopholes and give excuses on why they can’t take care of you because of how you use their product outside of their comfort zone it is frustrating! Again, wish you the best of luck!

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Understandable! I’ve noticed a few spots on the Beast as well! I’ve come to expect issues making pre-ride inspection so much more important! Preventative maintenance should be the standard we all take! It’s just that when companies use loopholes and give excuses on why they can’t take care of you because of how you use their product outside of their comfort zone it is frustrating! Again, wish you the best of luck!
Thanks man! I mean I push the machine sometimes but I don’t ride it hard every minute I’m on it. I do check oil and do a pre ride check everytime. I know the terrain I ride And come to the fact that stuff happens but damn you shouldn’t have to baby these things. If it’s ny fault for something breaking I’ll own up to it and pay for my mistakes but this is certainly out of my control.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone tell me if the recognize what these pictures are even suppose to be of? The service department sent me theses and I'm waiting for a call back for them to explain what I'm suppose to even be looking at. I'm pretty sure its not even my machine or a Honda. I don't know about you guys but do you have any orange anywhere because I've never seen any? Also is a picture they sent of the air box saying that there is Indication that its been swamped. How many others air box looks dirty like this?

1116171510 DSC07227 DSC07234

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The last picture looks like a P1K

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!