Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Swapping everything from the TH in the relentless rain we’ve had most of the day was a pain. It’s done finally. Also don’t tell your wife your gonna go throw stuff in the truck. I found out it had to be organized 🤣🤣🤣

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Got about everything but the Talon loaded up. Wife should be home by 4 tommorow and we'll head that way. Looking forward to hanging out and seeing you assholes, even if we don't get to put down as many miles as I'd hoped. I'm pretty content with hanging out at El Reys and having margaritas. Maybe they won't cut Terri off this time after 2.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
This sucks, but I have decided to hold off until I can see this storm develop further.
That means don't look for me at the MOM.
We already canceled out overland because camping in sideways rain is not too fun.

I'm still considering early Saturday morning, but I need to wait on that decision.

If you haven't seen it, this is going to be fairly bad for this whole area.
I highly suggest yall check the weather.

Saturday morning, however, is looking to clear up fast.

View attachment 445107
High wind advisory issued for this immediate area for Thursday evening through Friday 30 MPH winds, 50 MPH gusts with 2"-3" of rain. Definitely will be sideways rain. A note about the trees here, many large trees are shallow roots into rock base, just the rain is enough to fell them here, not to mention add in wind gusts with a rain soaked terrain. Be mindful of not getting under these trees to much when windy & rainy.

I'm all good for a Friday ride, should be a good time to see waterfalls if the wind doesn't make it dangerous.

Screenshot 20240925 205519 Facebook

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Got about everything but the Talon loaded up. Wife should be home by 4 tommorow and we'll head that way. Looking forward to hanging out and seeing you assholes, even if we don't get to put down as many miles as I'd hoped. I'm pretty content with hanging out at El Reys and having margaritas. Maybe they won't cut Terri off this time after 2.
We were just talking about knowing where to find you and the Mrs ... El Reys!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I know the area is limited on eating choices. Besides the Mexican Restaurant, down on I75 Exit 122 is The Gondolier in front of Clinton Walmart great food Italian and American serves alcohol.

Just past Huntsville towards Onieda on US27 is ReaZacks Restaurant (Helenwood TN) but only open 7AM- 8PM TH & FR, closed SA/SU/MO

The wife and I eat at both places weekly and food is great.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sucks, but I have decided to hold off until I can see this storm develop further.
That means don't look for me at the MOM.
We already canceled out overland because camping in sideways rain is not too fun.

I'm still considering early Saturday morning, but I need to wait on that decision.

If you haven't seen it, this is going to be fairly bad for this whole area.
I highly suggest yall check the weather.

Saturday morning, however, is looking to clear up fast.

View attachment 445107
Getting soft my friend.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
All you early arrivals have had 2 great days to ride albeit some rain. I imagine today the brave souls who followed @TripleB will definitely find some Mayhem on the Mountains today.

Tomorrow (Friday) will definitely be known as Monsoon Mayhem on the Mountain.

I will be at Eagle Rock Campground Pavillion up and behind the big Red office building about 8:30AM for anyone wanting to chase waterfalls tomorrow, will be in the southern New River area, how we go in depends upon if the New River concrete bridge is underwater, even so we have alternative ways in.

Plan is to leave ER Pavillion about 9:30AM. I will have my radio on Channel 9. I can also be reached by mobile phone (618) 204-3229

Hopefully the winds don't make things hazardous. It will not get easier from here, the only easy day was yesterday 😁

This is what I imagine 😆

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got here about 11:45. I miss my camper but the cabin is pretty good. I was impressed. I’m fixing to go see what the Pavilion looks like up close for Saturday. I hope everyone is having fun

advertisement