P500 Moose 587X wheels with Bearclaws

PistolPeteSTL

PistolPeteSTL

Feb 11, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
I just picked up my first side by side, a Honda Pioneer 500. My girlfriend wanted to contribute and heard me mentioning I was going to put larger tires on it- so she got some! The only stipulation was she got to pick what they were. Her favorite wheels ended up being Moose 587X in glossy red in the 14" size. Due to them being the only ones in stock, we got 14x7" front and 14x8" rear.

Mounted to them are Kenda Bearclaws in 26x9-14 front and 26x11-14 rear. I have very limited experience overall, but wanted to offer first impressions.

First- the heavier and wider tires certainly scrub more on pavement when turning tightly. And speaking of turning tightly, they certainly added to the steering effort considerably. There is no one hand turning when you are changing the steering when going slow!

I went ahead and weighed both the stock tire / wheel combo and the new ones. Weights are:

Front Stock: 24.2 lbs
Rear Stock: 31.6 lbs

Front 14's: 36.8 lbs
Rear 14's: 40.0 lbs

These were measured on a bathroom scale, so the weights may not be super accurate, but are certainly worthwhile for comparison.

What about the looks? The front wheels are 4+3 offset and the rears 4+4. That combined with the wider tires certainly changes the stance. I have a front and rear picture with a stock tire and the new ones attached.

Reactions: 500oneer
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hmm, I tried to add a media gallery but I don't see that it worked. You can see the pictures here:
New wheels!
Does she know you took that shot?:cool:

Those wheels look sharp for sure.

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Hmm, I tried to add a media gallery but I don't see that it worked. You can see the pictures here:
New wheels!
Real sharp looking wheels! You're going to get muddy!;-)

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
look pretty sweet, the bearclaws should do good. do well in all the shootouts and people pretty happy with those

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Looks like they changed the tread design on the bear claws, wonder when they did that?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
different ones, originals are kinda quads that you want decent traction and handling. evo, xl, htr I think those are radial and kinda like the mud light 2

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
New wheels!
looks good, I like it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!