More power

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So i was thinking. I have 14 and submarine it often and my dads big red has been in water and had to do new jug and piston. There will eventually be a day where ill have to tear into this old goat. And im wondering how beneficial it would be to (and everything needed) to get a little more power out of it. Maybe a 50 over and power programmer?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
So i was thinking. I have 14 and submarine it often and my dads big red has been in water and had to do new jug and piston. There will eventually be a day where ill have to tear into this old goat. And im wondering how beneficial it would be to (and everything needed) to get a little more power out of it. Maybe a 50 over and power programmer?

Some head work a diff cam better flowing exhaust along with different mapping should do it wouldn't it ? I haven't done any hop up stuff since my sport quad days .hot cams if they are still around would have something for it.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thats what i was thinking but arent the hot cams really for higher rpm. I want that grunt. Lol nah just kidding. Im not wantin to do so much to it i have to worry about heat. But just womdering if i could grab a few easy hp's

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
They used to come in stage 1, 2, 3 . I had a friend who did that to his Rincon and it helped but with just the cam he really didn't get much bang for the buck. He would have to send the head off and spend some real money to really crank out more power.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ah wonder how much you can really crank out of these . Considering my dads zero turn has more power

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Probably not enough to make it worth the trouble. I wonder what a full exhaust , filter and programmer would do . Maybe 5- 7 hp maybe . I have seen claims of that in the past but it would be annoyingly loud.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thats what i was thinking. Might be 2-3 hp by boring and power programmer. Mine doesnt have the cat. Just muffler and after market spark arrestor. Definitely not gonna spend 4k on motor upgrades to get 10hp.

JoeCool

JoeCool

Feb 14, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah I dug into it a bit and I don't think it'd be worth the investment of time or money, honestly. I decided that I got a great deal on a solid machine and I'll ride it until the wheels fall off and if I ever feel like I need more power I'll just buy a 2nd machine. ;)

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I get it the power or lack of upgrades maybe... but with the technology today is there any other motor transmission set up today for any other type of powered vehicle that doesn’t have some type of modification for more HP... Just seems odd the Pioneer 700 is somehow thrust into a black hole without mods.... Anyway I like mine the way it is but seriously no one has a fix for it.. Assume this is a rhetorical question so a response is not exactly expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ah wonder how much you can really crank out of these . Considering my dads zero turn has more power

My Ferris SRS Z2 has more torque . The motor is larger but it just seems weird....

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I get it the power or lack of upgrades maybe... but with the technology today is there any other motor transmission set up today for any other type of powered vehicle that doesn’t have some type of modification for more HP... Just seems odd the Pioneer 700 is somehow thrust into a black hole without mods.... Anyway I like mine the way it is but seriously no one has a fix for it.. Assume this is a rhetorical question so a response is not exactly expected.

Major thing with the 700 is the power and transmission. If honda would of thrown their inline 700 motor in it and offered a sub trans or 4th gear. These would of been a little more wanted by the masses. Most your upgrades are based off mud, hunting, rock climbing. 700 will do all these but cant really touch the polaris and can am utility on the hp and speed. So it gets fanboyed out. Im mean wev been trying to get portals and forward a arms for 6 yrs. And in the last yr has been when they really have started showing up. I like the power mine has. Wish the gears were a little different but ill probably keep it till it breaks in half. Then i might cramp a 1000 motor in it

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Major thing with the 700 is the power and transmission. If honda would of thrown their inline 700 motor in it and offered a sub trans or 4th gear. These would of been a little more wanted by the masses. Most your upgrades are based off mud, hunting, rock climbing. 700 will do all these but cant really touch the polaris and can am utility on the hp and speed. So it gets fanboyed out. Im mean wev been trying to get portals and forward a arms for 6 yrs. And in the last yr has been when they really have started showing up. I like the power mine has. Wish the gears were a little different but ill probably keep it till it breaks in half. Then i might cramp a 1000 motor in it

Alan, thank you for the reply and words of wisdom. I like mine too... I like many others would have likely been happier with the 1000. Especially after listening to everyone bash the 700 for its shortcomings. But my approach to most things is practicability along with purpose. The cost difference between the 700 to 1000 is not a lot but the investment begins to make much less sense especially for what I am using it for. In other words I like nice things but I can’t justify over spending on certain items for pleasures. So I purchased the 700 and it offers reliability and gets me where I need to go. This forum is great to listen, learn, and share opinions. Along the way I hope I can contribute and help promote the brand. It is a great machine for what it is...... Again thank YOU!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!