P500 More power

Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
So I'm new to this whole foum thing im looking for some power outta the little p5 that barley can haha thinkin about one of the fuel programmers was wondering if anyone has got one yet? Also any mufflers u would recommend? Thanks guys

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So I'm new to this whole foum thing im looking for some power outta the little p5 that barley can haha thinkin about one of the fuel programmers was wondering if anyone has got one yet? Also any mufflers u would recommend? Thanks guys

unfortunately, there isn't much out there at the moment to increase power. No aftermarket mufflers that I'm aware of. There is a powercommander available and that would probably be your best bet for a tuner... but it would require a lot of experimenting with it to actually gain anything since I doubt anyone has spent the time and put some decent maps out for it. Ideally, you would have it professionally dyno tuned with the power commander. Even if you did that, I wouldn't expect to gain a whole lot without having a free-er flowing muffler and air filter / intake. I bet Web-Cams could grind a higher performance cam for you, but you would need to have it tuned after installing that to see any benefit.

Reactions: Ollie
Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
unfortunately, there isn't much out there at the moment to increase power. No aftermarket mufflers that I'm aware of. There is a powercommander available and that would probably be your best bet for a tuner... but it would require a lot of experimenting with it to actually gain anything since I doubt anyone has spent the time and put some decent maps out for it. Ideally, you would have it professionally dyno tuned with the power commander. Even if you did that, I wouldn't expect to gain a whole lot without having a free-er flowing muffler and air filter / intake. I bet Web-Cams could grind a higher performance cam for you, but you
unfortunately, there isn't much out there at the moment to increase power. No aftermarket mufflers that I'm aware of. There is a powercommander available and that would probably be your best bet for a tuner... but it would require a lot of experimenting with it to actually gain anything since I doubt anyone has spent the time and put some decent maps out for it. Ideally, you would have it professionally dyno tuned with the power commander. Even if you did that, I wouldn't expect to gain a whole lot without having a free-er flowing muffler and air filter / intake. I bet Web-Cams could grind a higher performance cam for you, but you would need to have it tuned after installing that to see any benefit.

I see there is some people saying that the one for the Forman 500 will work and I feel the same I did mod the intake when I did the snorkel but yes a new muffler is a must with any programmer EFI Controllers - Electronic Jet Kit - Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, Sportbikes, Snowmobiles, Watercraft, Dirt Bikes

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
PLUS it IS a 475cc pulling a 1000lbs :)

Reactions: 70Bones and rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
PLUS it IS a 475cc pulling a 1000lbs :)
With all my gear, and two people, mines pulling about 1,600 lbs. and we climbed a hill for a mile +/- last weekend that was so vertical the front tires were light on the ground and she just crawled right up it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The P-5 has all the power necessary to perform as it's designed. If you needed something other, there's always the 700 and 1000!

Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
The P-5 has all the power necessary to perform as it's designed. If you needed something other, there's always the 700 and 1000!
700 and 1000 are to big for me and to much money I love the p5 but hate getting 10 feet from the top of a hill and it stops. then u say "drop a gear" witch I do then spin the tires cuz ur only doing 5mph... If I hit the bottom of the hill 3rd gear rev box and cant hit the top and I'm only 140lbs... More mid range power to pull hills

Reactions: Hoots346 and Talen
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
700 and 1000 are to big for me and to much money I love the p5 but hate getting 10 feet from the top of a hill and it stops. then u say "drop a gear" witch I do then spin the tires cuz ur only doing 5mph... If I hit the bottom of the hill 3rd gear rev box and cant hit the top and I'm only 140lbs... More mid range power to pull hills
I climb steep hills in second and four wheel drive, and exceedingly steep hills in L-4. I haven't met one that I couldn't climb if it wasn't so steep that the front wheels wouldn't stay on the ground. That's pulling 1,600 lbs!!! Roll your P-5 in a curve on a gravel road at 40 mph and tell me the P-5 wasn't going fast enough, lol.

Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
I climb steep hills in second and four wheel drive, and exceedingly steep hills in L-4. I haven't met one that I couldn't climb if it wasn't so steep that the front wheels wouldn't stay on the ground. That's pulling 1,600 lbs!!! Roll your P-5 in a curve on a gravel road at 40 mph and tell me the P-5 wasn't going fast enough, lol.
Come ride in ny there all over the place there is 3 of my friends that bought them and all say the same thing

Reactions: Nathan_HogsFan
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I ride a lot of mountain trails and had the same problem until I switched tires. Now I climb pretty much anything I want to as long as I start up in the correct gear and/or time my shifting correctly she never slips a tire. I have climbed hills steep enough I had to add weight to the front to keep the tires on the ground. Tires made a huge difference along with practice on the shifters.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Come ride in ny there all over the place there is 3 of my friends that bought them and all say the same thing
I ride in the Rockies, real mountains. The P-5 is more than adequate.

Reactions: SBuckJ
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I ride in the Rockies, real mountains. The P-5 is more than adequate.
I hear ya....
Be patient. ....experiment with shifting
trying to climb fast...only gets you to back it down
....in low...steady pedal....nothing but the TOP

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I ride a lot of mountain trails and had the same problem until I switched tires. Now I climb pretty much anything I want to as long as I start up in the correct gear and/or time my shifting correctly she never slips a tire. I have climbed hills steep enough I had to add weight to the front to keep the tires on the ground. Tires made a huge difference along with practice on the shifters.
So true with the tires...We rode one Black Mt KY trail that had us all sweating..but my P5 was right there with RZR's costing way more :)

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
P 500...
not made or designed to go
Mach 90....

Reactions: SBuckJ
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I hear ya....
Be patient. ....experiment with shifting
trying to climb fast...only gets you to back it down
....in low...steady pedal....nothing but the TOP
Yeah yeah, I know all about Tucumcari mtn.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Try going slower....in lower gear...
p500...got wat it's got.....
it will make it....

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah yeah, I know all about Tucumcari mtn.

Roads blocked....

20151121 125343

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!