BOX1

P1000 Mud Busters vs. Honda Fender Flares vs. ?

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fender flares should never be rigid. The first tree you slide up against will bust them up. I couldnt find what I liked so I built my own. Made them out of conveyer belt material from a local gold mine. They are tough and will never get damaged but they flex when I get too close to a tree. I don’t ride on nice groomed trails so any of the rigid type would just be a waste of money. They gave me enough material to make dozens and it was free.

4FD9FF34 8245 42E9 8C85 CCCDF4B98319

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fender flares should never be rigid. The first tree you slide up against will bust them up. I couldnt find what I liked so I built my own. Made them out of conveyer belt material from a local gold mine. They are tough and will never get damaged but they flex when I get too close to a tree. I don’t ride on nice groomed trails so any of the rigid type would just be a waste of money. They gave me enough material to make dozens and it was free.

View attachment 253817

Likewise ............

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, rode my stock P1K Dlux at RRB last May mud was not bad.
Changed stock wheels and tires to 28-10-14 with a 5+2 wheel and a 1” spacer in back, I’m about 1 1/2” wider than stock.
Rode RRB in September... mud EVERYWHERE!!! Boss (that’s the wife) said I better get some mud flaps or she ain’t riding no more...
So, after a long, long battle with myself I ended up with the mud busters xl front and rear.
went for a ride in the swamp, in central FLA this past weekend and zero mud in the cabin. So far I like the mud busters... a pain in the azz to install but worth it IMHO.

sjacobson48

sjacobson48

Apr 22, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, rode my stock P1K Dlux at RRB last May mud was not bad.
Changed stock wheels and tires to 28-10-14 with a 5+2 wheel and a 1” spacer in back, I’m about 1 1/2” wider than stock.
Rode RRB in September... mud EVERYWHERE!!! Boss (that’s the wife) said I better get some mud flaps or she ain’t riding no more...
So, after a long, long battle with myself I ended up with the mud busters xl front and rear.
went for a ride in the swamp, in central FLA this past weekend and zero mud in the cabin. So far I like the mud busters... a pain in the azz to install but worth it IMHO.
Ridinfool - I have the exact same set up that you do, but I'm getting a lot of tire rubbing in the front now when the suspension travels deep. Never had that with the same tire set up before putting the mud busters on. Hard to believe the thickness of the mud buster alone was enough to make that big of a difference, but it has. Are you experiencing any rubbing on yours?
Perhaps I tweaked the plastic some when installing, and was hoping it would work itself out.... but it hasn't. I don't think it will rip anything off.... but it's annoying as hell when hitting the bumps.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ridinfool - I have the exact same set up that you do, but I'm getting a lot of tire rubbing in the front now when the suspension travels deep. Never had that with the same tire set up before putting the mud busters on. Hard to believe the thickness of the mud buster alone was enough to make that big of a difference, but it has. Are you experiencing any rubbing on yours?
Perhaps I tweaked the plastic some when installing, and was hoping it would work itself out.... but it hasn't. I don't think it will rip anything off.... but it's annoying as hell when hitting the bumps.
F8b2f5941b1b8122cc24efb1b4c50453

1 self tapping screw inside the red circle will solve your problem.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I have the same issue, although it didn’t bother me until this past weekend at the Take Over, I bent a tie rod and it’s worse, the fix @TripleB shows will do the trick, I just haven’t done it yet. Another member had the same issue and fixed with a self tapping screw.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!