P500 Muffler/noise reduction

R

rnaugler

Apr 22, 2017
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Does anybody know how to reduce motor noise economically? Looking for a silent muffler replacement or addition in Canada. Price from silent rider would double here in Nova Scotia.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The Silent Rider sucks anyway! It would be alright for putting out to a deer blind or something but for trail riding it causes back pressure, kills your power and makes it stink to high heaven.

Reactions: Mudder
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00YI3KJJC/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I put one of these on, use a hole saw to cut out the factory baffle. It makes the tone a bit deeper but quieter overall.

Reactions: Mudder and Duckhunt
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@WillyBill did somthing like that:

I've seen him running it in Utah a few years ago, maybe he will chime in on how it's working long term.

Reactions: Mudder and DG Rider
D

Duckhunt

You'd excrement a brick if you heard it with the CAT removed. It's not trying as hard to force exhaust through. Definitely helped. And @906UP x2. Larger tailpipe again less effort to force exhaust through.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@WillyBill did somthing like that:

I've seen him running it in Utah a few years ago, maybe he will chime in on how it's working long term.
Was thinking of tagging him. It's definitely quiet.

B

BuckBrewer

Aug 26, 2018
Memphis
Ownership

1. 500
@906UP can you describe how you cut out the factory baffle? I have the tip you linked in order and want to try this mod.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Search Appalachian Mtn Riders on YouTube, he did it first and has a good video on it. I'll see if I can find it later

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I used the Grizzly slightly angled tip. I think it was a 2" holesaw. Slow with oil. The inner hole and reefin it out with pliers was the hardest part. Sound level may actually be the same but not as obnoxious. A little 'freer' at higher rpms....

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Saunch

Saunch

Sep 8, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Does anybody know how to reduce motor noise economically? Looking for a silent muffler replacement or addition in Canada. Price from silent rider would double here in Nova Scotia.
Nice to see someone else from NS on here. I’ve been chasing a similar goal although I’m trying to find out why I get rattle metallic sound in the upper rpms when lightly on the gas. I’m on a 2020 p500

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Silent Rider sucks anyway! It would be alright for putting out to a deer blind or something but for trail riding it causes back pressure, kills your power and makes it stink to high heaven.

I have been running a Silent Rider for the past two years on a 700, no smells after the paint burns off and have ridden it over 11,000 foot passes in Taylor Park and Silverton without issues. I agree that it is expensive but so far I buy it again

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have been running a Silent Rider for the past two years on a 700, no smells after the paint burns off and have ridden it over 11,000 foot passes in Taylor Park and Silverton without issues. I agree that it is expensive but so far I buy it again

The people riding behind me were the ones complaining about the smell. Made the machine a little doggy and less responsive. I ended up going the other direction with an HMF to increase air flow.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!