Mulberry Mountain / Mill Creek OHV area info needed

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking at taking my family to the Mulberry Mountain / Mill Creek trail area but need some info on the trails, best areas for easy trail access to stay, and whatever other good info might be available to mitigate the chances of a poorly planned dud of a trip.
Any info you might share would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: TimG and Smitty335
RingMaster

RingMaster

Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't go wrong riding here. I suggest staying Here, especially if you're camping. I've been there several times. The trailhead is directly across the highway .

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't go wrong riding here. I suggest staying Here, especially if you're camping. I've been there several times. The trailhead is directly across the highway .
We have looked at their operation with all the old cabins (one from a Sears catalog) and liked them. My wife had also found many stand alone cabins in the area but have no idea if they are trail accessible. Several front the Mulberry river.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking at taking my family to the Mulberry Mountain / Mill Creek trail area but need some info on the trails, best areas for easy trail access to stay, and whatever other good info might be available to mitigate the chances of a poorly planned dud of a trip.
Any info you might share would be greatly appreciated!
Through the Avenza maps app you can purchase and download the map for Mill creek and Mulberry area - you can also buy one at the store at Mulberry Mountain Lodge but the downloaded one will show you where you are.
the MVUM map is also a good one to ahve because if the trail is legal it is on there.

Mulberry area map Mulberry Mountain Trails & Recreation Map - Mulberry Mountain Lodging & Events - Avenza Maps
MVUM Motor Vehicle Use Map, MVUM, Boston Mountain District, Ozark-St. Francis National Forests - US Forest Service R8 - Avenza Maps

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being only a month out, all of the cabins are booked so we are opting for camping for 3 nights in the RV but tent only area so we should have power and water and the kids will have fun 'roughing it'. Then on to Eureka Springs. I was able to pull up a map of the trail system and Mulberry Lodge is the only place that will work without trailering.
I think I have been there to the rock ledge years ago but the pictures look like it is a great close place for some decent riding. No 13k alpine feet as we like, but not a 18 hour drive also. Best I can see, there will be several places to swim at waterfalls and at deeper spots in the creeks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Being only a month out, all of the cabins are booked so we are opting for camping for 3 nights in the RV but tent only area so we should have power and water and the kids will have fun 'roughing it'. Then on to Eureka Springs. I was able to pull up a map of the trail system and Mulberry Lodge is the only place that will work without trailering.
I think I have been there to the rock ledge years ago but the pictures look like it is a great close place for some decent riding. No 13k alpine feet as we like, but not a 18 hour drive also. Best I can see, there will be several places to swim at waterfalls and at deeper spots in the creeks.
Sounds like you were at Camp Carp, a friend of mine owns 40 acres there, it's NW of Mulberry Mountain, has a nice pavilion to eat lunch at and a nice swimming hole on McCone creek. Take the gas line and take any trail headed off the mountain and you'll get there.

Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I posted this today. Trail map in one of the pictures. Nice trails. Didn’t see too many people on Saturday. We did about 50 miles. We didn’t camp but stayed in Clarksville about an hour drive away. You will need to get supplies before you get there.

Reactions: wrwtexan
RingMaster

RingMaster

Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you were at Camp Carp, a friend of mine owns 40 acres there, it's NW of Mulberry Mountain, has a nice pavilion to eat lunch at and a nice swimming hole on McCone creek. Take the gas line and take any trail headed off the mountain and you'll get there.
Oh yeah, @Smitty335 took me here the first time I saw Camp Carp. This is a really cool place next to a great waterfall/swimming hole. You gotta see that.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What permits / stickers are required and can I get them at the Mulberry Lodge?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What permits / stickers are required and can I get them at the Mulberry Lodge?
there is a pay box that the people at Mulberry Mountain lodge can direct you to. Cost is $3.00 a day .. pay box is honor system but if you see a ranger they could ask you for your ticket stub ... never heard of it happening

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you have facebook, search for the mid-south UTV trail riders group. The guy that operates that group has posted a map of Arkansas showing all of the places to stay can ride from along with those that you can trailer from. If you download Maprika app you can download the entire Ozark forest trail system that shows where all you can ride along with closed trails. The app and the map are both free to download. The map is called 2021 Ozark National forests OHV MVUM. It has more information on it than the Map that is available on the Avenza app.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Note too that i just saw that part of East Fly gap road is closed due to a landslide - likely not a path you would travel as it is east of hanging rock but thought i would call out

Reactions: wrwtexan
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have facebook, search for the mid-south UTV trail riders group. The guy that operates that group has posted a map of Arkansas showing all of the places to stay can ride from along with those that you can trailer from. If you download Maprika app you can download the entire Ozark forest trail system that shows where all you can ride along with closed trails. The app and the map are both free to download. The map is called 2021 Ozark National forests OHV MVUM. It has more information on it than the Map that is available on the Avenza app.
Awesome! Thanks! Maybe this post will help some others planning to ride there also as I haven't been able to come up with much outside of here.

Reactions: Josh97stang
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
there is a pay box that the people at Mulberry Mountain lodge can direct you to. Cost is $3.00 a day .. pay box is honor system but if you see a ranger they could ask you for your ticket stub ... never heard of it happening
If that will help to keep the trails open and marked, I don't mind a little fee like that at all. Colorado had a $25 OHV fee but they also did a bang up job of keeping all the trails graded and marked so I had NO problem paying it!

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Awesome! Thanks! Maybe this post will help some others planning to ride there also as I haven't been able to come up with much outside of here.
I use that site a lot for resources. I will be going in two weeks to ride Mulberry for the first time. We ride the Ozarks a lot but a little further east.

Last edited:
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use that site a lot for resources. I will be going in two weeks to ride Mulberry for the first time. We ride the Ozarks a lot but a little further east.
Where further east? White Rock? We normally go to Wolf Pen Gap but are bored of it and they have tamed the trails to the point they aren't challenging at all anymore.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Where will you be riding in Eureka Springs....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Where further east? White Rock? We normally go to Wolf Pen Gap but are bored of it and they have tamed the trails to the point they aren't challenging at all anymore.
Mack’s Pines is a nice trail system too that you may consider for future rides. Also Mt Magazine...👍

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where will you be riding in Eureka Springs....🤔
😆 The one way train! Little bit of sightseeing and run up to the Missouri state fish hatchery just across the state line on the Roaring River. Really neat open air trout hatchery fed from a cave spring.

I've read a little bit on Mack's Pines, but nothing on Mt Magazine. We'll look into it also.

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!