P500 Multi Function Display Issue.

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
I am experiencing what appears to be loose connections on the multi function display. While installing the remote control for the winch i lost my display. not lighting up at all. Wiggling wires where the display connects to the harness i got it to come on. but all indicators were lit up. I the wiggled the harness where it attaches to the display and it started operating normal again. Has anyone else experienced this? it freaked me out thinking i messed something up while attaching the accessory harness to the system. but it is all color coded and pretty hard to go wrong.

D

Deleted member 3748

You plugged in the accessory harness, which is simple and probably didn't cause any problems. How did you install the winch remote? Did you splice into any wires?

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
yes i spliced the red wire from the remote into the the green wire from the contactor that plugs into the accessory harness. I have since removed it. While i sort this out. Everything is Honda brand

D

Deleted member 3748

When you removed it did everything start working? What did you use for a ground on the winch remote? I'm thinking you have a loose ground and when you wiggle it and everything lights up is just what happens when the display turns on. I think it does that when you turn the key on to?

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
I have yet to tap into the battery box. The remote harness is an extension of the winch switch harness it does state to tap the red wire into the s witch, but that power could also come from the accessory harness too.....correct?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

I have yet to tap into the battery box. The remote harness is an extension of the winch switch harness it does state to tap the red wire into the s witch, but that power could also come from the accessory harness too.....correct?

Yes, the accessory harness works and is a better place than the ignition wire to get power.

Reactions: trigger and fuimus
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
I think it may be the ground issue like you stated piston. All I know I
s I was

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Was making up some choice_$!@#&*% words thinking I messed

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Something up. Apologies for the multiple post and my thumbs

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!