P1000m5 My build

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys. I'm new to the site but have been lurking for a while! Everyone has been doing some awesome mods to their P1k's and so I thought I'd share mine. Thanks for all the feedback and posts everyone has done in the past. It definitely has helped me!

Here's the stock original that everyone knows.
IMG 0157

First project: Honda tilt windshield. EMP front bumper, LED lights in bumper and winch. Also installed a rocker switch panel to control all the fun toys!
IMG 0510

IMG 0511

IMG 0513

IMG 0519

Second Project: Installed second battery, a smoked plastic roof because I still wanted light to be able to pass through, then installed a roof rack, a 32" light bar in the front, 20" in the back, and two LED strip lights that I mounted to the roof that act as killer dome lights. Also added a cobra handheld cb radio and fire stick antenna
IMG 0575

IMG 0578

IMG 0583

IMG 0588

IMG 0589

IMG 0591

Third Project: put my EMP rear bumper on last night.
IMG 0622

IMG 0622

I've got some plans for some future mods but this is it for now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it looking good! Welcome aboard

Reactions: RickB
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the see through roof. Also might just be the angle of your pics. But you may want to check your toe alignment. Looks like it is set with a lot of toe out

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the see through roof. Also might just be the angle of your pics. But you may want to check your toe alignment. Looks like it is set with a lot of toe out

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Good call. I'll have them checked at the service appt

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! Got her looking good!!

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've got it looking good. I like the front bumper. I may have time to get started building mine this weekend.

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple new additions... I ended up putting on some KC led lights for the back corners
IMG 0742

IMG 0745

I also added a couple 10w solar panels on the roof with a battery tender solar charge controller to help trickle charge the battery during the day. I plan on doing some remote riding and like the idea that if I kill my battery then I've got a potential save with the panels. It's tough to get a good angle for the pics but I mounted them at the rear of the roof to each side of the roof rack.
IMG 0748

IMG 0746

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple new additions... I ended up putting on some KC led lights for the back corners
View attachment 37511
View attachment 37512

I also added a couple 10w solar panels on the roof with a battery tender solar charge controller to help trickle charge the battery during the day. I plan on doing some remote riding and like the idea that if I kill my battery then I've got a potential save with the panels. It's tough to get a good angle for the pics but I mounted them at the rear of the roof to each side of the roof rack.
View attachment 37513
View attachment 37514

Solar panel charger? Okay thats just cool as hell now. Never even heard of one. What's that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Solar panel charger? Okay thats just cool as hell now. Never even heard of one. What's that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

It was actually pretty cheap. Less than $100 total. I bought the panels and mounts on alt e store online, and the battery tender on amazon. You need the solar charge controller because if you don't the panels will drain your battery at night. Where I mounted them is dead space anyway so I thought what the hell!

R

RCorley

Feb 27, 2017
Globe, Az
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Rick B., Love the extras you have done. More details on the roof please. That's not the standard Honda P1K-5 hard roof correct? Is it an aftermarket? Looks neat! I most likely would not need the extra rack on top, but the sleek looking hard roof intrigues me. Manufacturer?
If I can pull the trigger, now looking to buy a P1K5, then take off the back half of the roll bar the majority of the time -- usually me and a partner with some bird dogs in back. Love the extra capacity of the bed with the side panel doors in the P1K5 -- will most likely seldom use the back fold down seats, however. Hence the possibility of a hard roof on the front "half" only.

Reactions: sharp
R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rick B., Love the extras you have done. More details on the roof please. That's not the standard Honda P1K-5 hard roof correct? Is it an aftermarket? Looks neat! I most likely would not need the extra rack on top, but the sleek looking hard roof intrigues me. Manufacturer?
If I can pull the trigger, now looking to buy a P1K5, then take off the back half of the roll bar the majority of the time -- usually me and a partner with some bird dogs in back. Love the extra capacity of the bed with the side panel doors in the P1K5 -- will most likely seldom use the back fold down seats, however. Hence the possibility of a hard roof on the front "half" only.

Hi RCorley! Here is a link below. Also the roof comes in two pieces with a metal strut that connects the two together so if you were going to leave the back end open I think it'd work out great! That being said it's not really rigid so you may have to reinforce it a bit but I think it'd work out well for your setup. I ended up getting a 20% off coupon with them so it'd probably be worth signing up with superatv. Good luck and post some pics when you're done!

Honda Pioneer 1000 Tinted Roof

Reactions: sharp
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan. Thought I seen a block "M" flag! GO BLUE I'm a wolverine.
Hay, nice mods you got there. Your really coming along nicely. The hood is cool. The rack gives it a nice touch. Good job

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan. Thought I seen a block "M" flag! GO BLUE I'm a wolverine.
Hay, nice mods you got there. Your really coming along nicely. The hood is cool. The rack gives it a nice touch. Good job

Yes sir GO BLUE! We had a nice win against Minnesota today also! Thanks for the comments!

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!