sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tile says it all any input?
It will shift into 4wd etc. Before the light comes on. Sometimes it takes a while for the light comes on after the selected mode. Go from turf to 4wd and you will notice that you will be in 4wd with or without the light.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine takes a little to display the changes is yours not showing at? What's your doing

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

There is an adjustment under the bed.

P1000 - Park and 2wd lock adjustment

An easy way to remember on the rear cable adjustment is "Turf is tight."

If you put it in neutral and shift the lever into Turf, the rear cable should be tight. Do the same thing in 2WD and the cable will be loose. It should also be loose when you are in Park (as it shifts to 2WD in Park).

Test it in your yard by putting it in each mode and turning sharply.

If you are in 2WD, you should see your drivers side tire in a hard left hand turn tearing up the grass/slipping (It has to turn faster to keep up with the passenger side tire).

If you are in 4WD Lock, you should see the same thing on your front tires as well and it will be noticeably harder to steer.

It is a fairly common problem on most machines. The cables Honda used stretch.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Lets start by helping us with what is going on.
Is this a new problem?
When did you notice this start?
What were you doing when you noticed it?
The above post is a great start. But if you are having different issues, we can help.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It will shift into 4wd etc. Before the light comes on. Sometimes it takes a while for the light comes on after the selected mode. Go from turf to 4wd and you will notice that you will be in 4wd with or without the light.
Thanks this I know

Reactions: sharp
JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lets start by helping us with what is going on.
Is this a new problem?
When did you notice this start?
What were you doing when you noticed it?
The above post is a great start. But if you are having different issues, we can help.
I noticed it was stuck in 2lock, so I adjusted the the cables in the box under the bed to specs thats when it quit displaying on the dash.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I noticed it was stuck in 2lock, so I adjusted the the cables in the box under the bed to specs thats when it quit displaying on the dash.

Unfortunately the specs don't work for every machine, it gets you close but you have to tweak it in on some machines. Mine was like that.

Your cable is probably too tight so now it is stuck in turf mode. You can check that before you adjust again by putting it in 2WD and turning a tight left hand turn. More than likely, you won't see the drivers side wheel do anything. That means you are still in Turf.

Do the neutral check and remember Turf is Tight.

You should be able to get it tweaked in that way. Usually it is only a turn or two off on the rear cable.

Reactions: utvmi
JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unfortunately the specs don't work for every machine, it gets you close but you have to tweak it in on some machines. Mine was like that.

Your cable is probably too tight so now it is stuck in turf mode. You can check that before you adjust again by putting it in 2WD and turning a tight left hand turn. More than likely, you won't see the drivers side wheel do anything. That means you are still in Turf.

Do the neutral check and remember Turf is Tight.

You should be able to get it tweaked in that way. Usually it is only a turn or two off on the rear cable.
Thanks I will try this.

M

MNnice

Jun 29, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine never displayed anything but turf mode. At 1060 miles...

Tonight the cable going to the rear pulled out of the ferrule.

Going to the dealer on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just a follow up, I bought mine to the dealer and they did the cable adjustment. They told me that Honda has put out a tip on the adjustment which sums up what Crow_Hunter said the marks in the cable housing are just guide lines to the fine tuning. One millimeter of change determines if the display works or not.

J

Jade

Nov 10, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine never displayed anything but turf mode. At 1060 miles...

Tonight the cable going to the rear pulled out of the ferrule.

Going to the dealer on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially I had a issue where I could not get into turf mode and when I did I could not get out, took it in for service and the dealer adjusted. Now its always showing Turf, with a lot of work I get into Intelligent 4 wheel drive and seems to be working but if I turn off the key and start it back up, shows turf mode again. Even got stuck in some sand where the front tires were working but the back two were not. Its going in again next week for the third time. Hopefully they'll get it fix for real this time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!