My New Therapist

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I have posted on here; but that doesn't mean I haven't been lurking :) Life has thrown a few curve-balls over the past couple of years and this has certainly impacted my ability to get out and ride. My 2017 700-4 now has 182 miles on it with 20(ish) of those being off-road. So, with all this craziness that life is throwing at many of us I figured it was time to work on my own well being. What better way to get ones self figured out and on the right track than to seek therapy.

My new therapist doesn't have a name yet, but she sure is beautiful. Others that have interacted with her said she screams at times but I think I'm ready for that challenge. I get to meet her this weekend and I'm hoping we get along well. But, just in case, I decided to suck up a bit and buy her some new shoes and something to help pull her through some of the difficulties I may lead her to.

I finally caved into my impulsive side and signed for a 2020 Honda Talon X. Looking forward to getting out on the trails again and spending more time playing in the dirt. Hope everyone is doing well.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I have posted on here; but that doesn't mean I haven't been lurking :) Life has thrown a few curve-balls over the past couple of years and this has certainly impacted my ability to get out and ride. My 2017 700-4 now has 182 miles on it with 20(ish) of those being off-road. So, with all this craziness that life is throwing at many of us I figured it was time to work on my own well being. What better way to get ones self figured out and on the right track than to seek therapy.

My new therapist doesn't have a name yet, but she sure is beautiful. Others that have interacted with her said she screams at times but I think I'm ready for that challenge. I get to meet her this weekend and I'm hoping we get along well. But, just in case, I decided to suck up a bit and buy her some new shoes and something to help pull her through some of the difficulties I may lead her to.

I finally caved into my impulsive side and signed for a 2020 Honda Talon X. Looking forward to getting out on the trails again and spending more time playing in the dirt. Hope everyone is doing well.
Welcome back to the club then.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Heck yeah! Congrats bud

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

ailer and P!
You get married? HA! All joking aside, I was hit head on by a truck that lost it in a blind corner broad side, lucky either one of us was killed, my wife drove me to work the next day and when she dropped me off, looked at me and said what's wrong, I was as white as a sheet,I replied I don't know, leased the biggest truck I could find, for a couple day after 5 weeks, bought another truck and found my self driving 20 miles outta my way to stay off the HWY's. I do estimating for our company. The kid only had $20,000.00 worth of insurance, which wasn't even enough to cover my truck, much less my trailer and my P1. Had to get a lawyer friend involved he asked how I was doing. I said great, except I can't drive in rush hour or HWY's, he just looked at me and said, you need help, gave me the name of a therapist, well I took his advise and called her and set up an appointment, great experience, not like TV. We talked and she recommended some strategies to deal with the anxiety attacks, after 5 weeks, she cut me lose, but left me with some great tools! So don't be afraid of going to a good Therapist! Or do you think I need to go back? HA!

Last edited:
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
You get married? HA! All joking aside, I was hit head on by a truck that lost it in a blind corner broad side, lucky either one of us was killed, my wife drove me to work the next day and when she dropped me off, looked at me and said what's wrong, I was as white as a sheet,I replied I don't know, leased the biggest truck I could find, for a couple day after 5 weeks, bought another truck and found my self driving 20 miles outta my way to stay off the HWY's. I do estimating for our company. The kid only had $20,000.00 worth of insurance, which wasn't even enough to cover my truck, much less my trailer and my P1. Had to get a lawyer friend involved he asked how I was doing. I said great, except I can't drive in rush hour or HWY's, he just looked at me and said, you need help, gave me the name of a therapist, well I took his advise and called her and set up an appointment, great experience, not like TV. We talked and she recommended some strategies to deal with the anxiety attacks, after 5 weeks, she cut me lose, but left me with some great tools! So don't be afraid of going to a good Therapist! Or do you think I need to go back? HA!
Sorry to hear about all of that and glad you were able to find a way through it. I agree with you on how helpful seeing a therapist is; especially when the feces hits the oscillator in life.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Well, as I was getting ready to head to the dealer to finish up paperwork, my wife threw a wrench in the gears; but not in the way I would have expected. She asked if they made a four seat version of the Talon. I said yes and her reply was "well why aren't you getting that one? :oops: (Personally, I love the x4 but I was already pushing my luck purchasing the Talon X.)

After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I told her about the extra cost to which she replied, "but then you can bring both kids AND me" I called her out on her lack of desire for riding and she said "well, now you are buying something with actual seats and something that will go faster than I can run" She even offered to pay the difference.

So I pick up a 2020 X4 tomorrow morning.

J

JTW

Well, as I was getting ready to head to the dealer to finish up paperwork, my wife threw a wrench in the gears; but not in the way I would have expected. She asked if they made a four seat version of the Talon. I said yes and her reply was "well why aren't you getting that one? :oops: (Personally, I love the x4 but I was already pushing my luck purchasing the Talon X.)

After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I told her about the extra cost to which she replied, "but then you can bring both kids AND me" I called her out on her lack of desire for riding and she said "well, now you are buying something with actual seats and something that will go faster than I can run" She even offered to pay the difference.

Well there ya go

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Was that a dream? HA!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4

Nice work!

Reactions: JenElio and Biteme
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

Hell yeah! 👍

Reactions: JenElio and Biteme
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

OK, so it's tomorrow morning, where's the pitchers, Dude? 😎

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
She's home and getting used to her new living quarters. Of course it is pouring rain but that gives me time to fix the door rattles and create my prioritized list of accessories. First up, full skids and winch. IMG 20200425 113013667 HDR

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!