P1000 My P1000-3 is going in the shop

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For the recall for the muffler shield, the underseat heat upgrade and the clutch cover update. I've had no issues with the clutches and now with a whole 275 miles on it the shifting is really smooth and a lot quiter than when new. It'll be two weeks before it goes in.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine was like yours with the shifting getting a lot smoother with time. I had the clutch update done and after about 75 miles it started to shift hard again and after getting it warmed up, if I let it sit and idle, the oil light would come on. My dealer told me to bring it right back in, (great dealer as I know that they are at least 3 weeks out on any repairs) and the tore everything apart and found that one of the little O-rings had gotten sliced when they slid the head back on. Fixed and if it is possible, it shifts so much better than it did.
Very happy with my Pioneer.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine was like yours with the shifting getting a lot smoother with time. I had the clutch update done and after about 75 miles it started to shift hard again and after getting it warmed up, if I let it sit and idle, the oil light would come on. My dealer told me to bring it right back in, (great dealer as I know that they are at least 3 weeks out on any repairs) and the tore everything apart and found that one of the little O-rings had gotten sliced when they slid the head back on. Fixed and if it is possible, it shifts so much better than it did.
Very happy with my Pioneer.

I also experienced some initial loud, noisy, and rough shifting on my 2018 P3, but it broke in very nicely after putting some miles on it (maybe 100 miles). With my initial, expensive oil change by the dealer they installed the muffler shield fix, and the machine runs very well. I'm sure glad I got the paddle shift since it adds to your control and enjoyment. IMHO The excess cab heat is my primary reservation with the P1000, and my full fixed windshield just adds to that problem. The transmission obviously needs a little break-in period before it operates smoothly.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buy some aluminum covered firewall self-stick material on eBay. Put it on the bottom of the seat and all around the rear of the motor on the outside of the plastic covers. Be sure to match pieces to separate covers so you can remove them anytime. This stopped the heat dead in its tracks. Been 100 degrees here in Nevada. Now that I did this I wonder what everyone is talking about. My seat is cool and does not change temperature no matter how long or how I am driving. Try it. For $30 you can put this issue behind you!

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buy some aluminum covered firewall self-stick material on eBay. Put it on the bottom of the seat and all around the rear of the motor on the outside of the plastic covers. Be sure to match pieces to separate covers so you can remove them anytime. This stopped the heat dead in its tracks. Been 100 degrees here in Nevada. Now that I did this I wonder what everyone is talking about. My seat is cool and does not change temperature no matter how long or how I am driving. Try it. For $30 you can put this issue behind you!
I sure think it sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks for the post. I just looked on ebay and there seems to be a lot of products listed. Would you mind telling us what specific product you had success with?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On eBay: 10mm heat insulation sound deadener blocker reflective material mat, 90x39". $34.31 and free shipping!

Reactions: tincangob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!