BOX1
Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Hello Everyone,

I've had my P5 for a few weeks now and have had packages with accessories and add-ons rolling in every day since then.
The purpose of this thread is to catalog the changes and give you guys some pictures of what we've been up to. It should also be a good place for you guys to ask about some of the custom work we have done with vinyl, powder coating, mounting brackets/hardware, and anything else you may want to know a little more about.

Picking it up from the dealer:
61703469392  D053A7DB 192E 4C0F 82AC 722F80DC3ADD
61703681591  C8E67F42 1366 4615 BBD6 1CCCEDA25FF2

Welcome to the team:
IMG 4834

Whatever I had laying around for a roof cover and speakers:
IMG 4844
IMG 4845

First real upgrade, Warn VRX 25 S winch (also vinyl cutouts for the front Honda logo):
IMG 4867
IMG 4868

Powder coating the fair lead Honda Red because why not:
IMG 4885

Long weekend results. Goodbye naked cargo rack.
Better Built 48 inch side mount toolbox installed with custom cut aluminum mounting brackets. Brackets are counter sunk and powder coated black.
Curt universal ATV cargo rack custom cut to fit how we wanted it to, used the mounting hardware that came with it. Cargo net we had laying around works well.
IMG 4877
IMG 4882
IMG 4883

Rotopax gas can installed on the cargo rack, fit surprisingly flush with the toolbox for being the one part of this build that wasn't pre-measured 1000 times. The hardware is custom cut aluminum powder coated black. Added a 3/4 inch thick board of UHMW cut to fit in the gap that was present after cutting the Curt rack. Now we can haul golf balls if we want to.
Went ahead and did the first service while it was in the garage (75 miles/15 hours in). Used the Honda oil change kit for the engine oil and filter and put 75w140 Royal Purple Gear Max hypoid gear oil in both differentials. All other checks came up normal.
Also added a red vinyl Honda Powersports logo to the back of the rack, probably my favorite ad-hoc decision of the weekend:
IMG 4880
IMG 4881
IMG 4879
IMG 4884

Hopefully you guys get something out of this! My plan is to keep this thread alive and continue to catalog our upgrades and modifications. Should be getting all of the rest of the parts by the end of this week and will get some nice pictures of the finished product some time after that.
Here is the list of what is yet to come:

EMP Aluminum roof (matte black)
EMP front windshield - hard coat w/ fast straps
SSS full UHMW skidplate set with rockers and a arm guards
ITP SD Beadlock wheels 12x7 5+2
Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 26x9-12 Front / 26x11-12 Rear
Honda OEM Rear Bumper
Honda OEM Horn kit
Honda OEM rear cargo net
RB3 Wide Track Kit

Maybe one day soon:
HiLift UTV jack install
Fire Extinguisher
LED lighting
Spare Tire mount

Cheers!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
"Wise" setup and list. Diggin' that the RotoPax flushed out. Wheels and breakaway stuff are the only things that should hang out past rops IMO, anything else is at high risk of getting torn off. ;)

Reactions: HP5NC and JCart
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hello Everyone,

I've had my P5 for a few weeks now and have had packages with accessories and add-ons rolling in every day since then.
The purpose of this thread is to catalog the changes and give you guys some pictures of what we've been up to. It should also be a good place for you guys to ask about some of the custom work we have done with vinyl, powder coating, mounting brackets/hardware, and anything else you may want to know a little more about.

Picking it up from the dealer:
View attachment 216431View attachment 216432
Welcome to the team:
View attachment 216433
Whatever I had laying around for a roof cover and speakers:
View attachment 216434View attachment 216435
First real upgrade, Warn VRX 25 S winch (also vinyl cutouts for the front Honda logo):
View attachment 216436View attachment 216437
Powder coating the fair lead Honda Red because why not:
View attachment 216439
Long weekend results. Goodbye naked cargo rack.
Better Built 48 inch side mount toolbox installed with custom cut aluminum mounting brackets. Brackets are counter sunk and powder coated black.
Curt universal ATV cargo rack custom cut to fit how we wanted it to, used the mounting hardware that came with it. Cargo net we had laying around works well.
View attachment 216440View attachment 216441View attachment 216442
Rotopax gas can installed on the cargo rack, fit surprisingly flush with the toolbox for being the one part of this build that wasn't pre-measured 1000 times. The hardware is custom cut aluminum powder coated black. Added a 3/4 inch thick board of UHMW cut to fit in the gap that was present after cutting the Curt rack. Now we can haul golf balls if we want to.
Went ahead and did the first service while it was in the garage (75 miles/15 hours in). Used the Honda oil change kit for the engine oil and filter and put 75w140 Royal Purple Gear Max hypoid gear oil in both differentials. All other checks came up normal.
Also added a red vinyl Honda Powersports logo to the back of the rack, probably my favorite ad-hoc decision of the weekend:
View attachment 216443View attachment 216444View attachment 216445View attachment 216446

Hopefully you guys get something out of this! My plan is to keep this thread alive and continue to catalog our upgrades and modifications. Should be getting all of the rest of the parts by the end of this week and will get some nice pictures of the finished product some time after that.
Here is the list of what is yet to come:

EMP Aluminum roof (matte black)
EMP front windshield - hard coat w/ fast straps
SSS full UHMW skidplate set with rockers and a arm guards
ITP SD Beadlock wheels 12x7 5+2
Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 26x9-12 Front / 26x11-12 Rear
Honda OEM Rear Bumper
Honda OEM Horn kit
Honda OEM rear cargo net
RB3 Wide Track Kit

Maybe one day soon:
HiLift UTV jack install
Fire Extinguisher
LED lighting
Spare Tire mount

Cheers!
Looking very nice there....😉

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
"Wise" setup and list. Diggin' that the RotoPax flushed out. Wheels and breakaway stuff are the only things that should hang out past rops IMO, anything else is at high risk of getting torn off. ;)

It was a concern initially that the rotopax would be a little vulnerable out there, but they are bulletproof and it would take a pretty specific hit to be a problem. I guess the only way to see for sure is to take her out and rip it on the trails for a few days!

Thanks for the reply. :cool:

Reactions: JenElio and trigger
Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Got the SSS skid plates and new tires installed. Those skid plates and a arm guards make the underside of the P5 look totally invincible. They are impressive.
ITP SD wheels are not here yet so i got some cheap ITP steel wheels and they look great. Still waiting on the windshield and roof from EMP, they are still being manufactured and estimate a week more to wait.

I'll get some pics of the new tires and wheels soon and some good pics of the skid plates and a arm guards this weekend.

Sure is addicting to make my awesome machine even more awesome every day. No end in sight.

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
We have installed so many upgrades since my last post. Just waiting on the roof from EMP and it will be pretty much done (for now). Ordered it July 28th and it still hasn't shipped =[.
We put together a pretty cool custom carbon fiber switch plate and some other neat custom fabricated mods as well. When everything is put together I will get some more pictures and a write-up together for you all.

New mods since last post:
Honda Rear Bumper
Honda Rear Cargo Net
Honda Horn and Horn Kit
Yeti Sidekick Dry (Glove Box)
EMP Hard Coat Windshield
EMP aluminum roof w/ matte black coat
Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar (front facing)
2 Auxbeam 4'' LED Pods (rear facing)
SSS Offroad full UHMW skid plates with rockers
SSS Offroad UHMW A arm guards
Custom Carbon Fiber switch plate
Rear lights, Front lights, Horn, and voltmeter/USB charger switches in switch plate. Switches are back-lit in red
Chupacabra Side Mirrors
RB3 Wide Track Kit

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Haven't done the photo shoot yet. Need to waterproof some of the wiring and finish routing power from the rear lights to the switch panel. Then I'll give it a wash and get all the pics. Here is a preview of the switch panel:
IMG 4907

Mounted new tires on bead lock rims and got them installed this weekend as well. Some pretty good bruises on my wrists from mounting the tires. It was my first time. Torquing bead lock bolts sucks.

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't done the photo shoot yet. Need to waterproof some of the wiring and finish routing power from the rear lights to the switch panel. Then I'll give it a wash and get all the pics. Here is a preview of the switch panel:
View attachment 220328
Oh no what have you done? That is where the box goes. ;)
That carbon fiber looking switch plate is cool though.

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Oh no what have you done? That is where the box goes. ;)
That carbon fiber looking switch plate is cool though.
I mounted one of these to the rear cargo net between the seats:

It is a very nice glove box substitute. Water and air tight. When closed the air tight seal makes a nice cushion for anything in it. I'm comfortable with any electronics in it because I know they won't be crushed.
We considered putting a box there but ended up deciding against it to make the electronics install cleaner.
box should consider putting mounting hardware on the back of the box for the winch contactor that needs to be moved so that you can mount it to the box off to the right and make installs easier? I know they are plastic though so might not be able to support the contactor box...

The switch plate is actually carbon fiber CNCed from a full sheet.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted one of these to the rear cargo net between the seats:
View attachment 220329
It is a very nice glove box substitute. Water and air tight. When closed the air tight seal makes a nice cushion for anything in it. I'm comfortable with any electronics in it because I know they won't be crushed.
We considered putting a box there but ended up deciding against it to make the electronics install cleaner.
box should consider putting mounting hardware on the back of the box for the winch contactor that needs to be moved so that you can mount it to the box off to the right and make installs easier? I know they are plastic though so might not be able to support the contactor box...

The switch plate is actually carbon fiber CNCed from a full sheet.
The box is all metal construction. There is a knock off plastic glove box as well.

My winch contactor is mounted to the box mounting bolt. It is only on one bolt that way, but it is surviving just fine.

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! Thanks for setting me straight. I must have been thinking of the crossroads3d glove box.
Happy with this setup so far, but haven't had it on a trip yet for torture testing. Just 2 more boring weekends left.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
The version 1 build for my P5 is finally complete. Seems just about every part has been upgraded. The only things left on the table are suspension, power steering, and possibly a cab enclosure for the winter. Here are some pics, hope you enjoy. I'll put together a parts list if anyone is interested.

IMG 4929 IMG 4931 IMG 4935 IMG 4937

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!