P500 My P500 will not idle.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2016 P500 and I have not been able to get it to idle for almost a month now.I have done what little I know and that is not much sens I'm not exactly mechanically inclined. It runs just fine until u get of the thrudel and it just goes ded. Can anyone tell me what may be done to fix this problem I hope it's a simple one.

Thanks ahead for any help.
P5Hunter

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also, has it been sitting long? I recall your job takes you alway.

Look at spark plug.
IAVC - Idle Air control valve
Gas quality.
Fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Idle air control valve, valve adjustment or vaccum leak would be my first thoughts.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have changed the spark plug, fuel pump working fine as far as I can tell. Now where would the idle air control valve be located and what would I be looking for as a problem with it and no, no engen light has come on so far.

Reactions: DG Rider
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
And yes on the water crossing, here in Mississippi most of our riding is in water and some of it can be quite deep.

J

Justin0613

Sep 7, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I need help everyone... I am a mechanic by trade and I am stumped on this p500. My buddy bought this 15’ model p500 and it previously sat for a year. The current problem is it will not idle it will just crank and crank but until I put my hand over the throttle body I take it will fire up and run as long as I put gas to it? I have changed the fuel out of the tank, new spark plug, new injector and cleaned the throttle body. Vent hose is clear and I’m getting good fuel pressure and spark. I’m just at a loss as to why I block all air and apply fuel it starts? Possible IAC? If you actually block the port to the IAC.she wants to run. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I need help everyone... I am a mechanic by trade and I am stumped on this p500. My buddy bought this 15’ model p500 and it previously sat for a year. The current problem is it will not idle it will just crank and crank but until I put my hand over the throttle body I take it will fire up and run as long as I put gas to it? I have changed the fuel out of the tank, new spark plug, new injector and cleaned the throttle body. Vent hose is clear and I’m getting good fuel pressure and spark. I’m just at a loss as to why I block all air and apply fuel it starts? Possible IAC? If you actually block the port to the IAC.she wants to run. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
When you say "add fuel", how are you doing that?
How did you check the fuel pressure?

To my knowledge, the IAC does nothing over idle, so even a bad one should allow it to run with throttle.
This does sound like a fuel starvation issue, so my next question is did you check for pulse at the injector?

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!