The venue

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
This might be a good place to start asking questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for getting that broken bolt out of there?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This might be a good place to start asking questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for getting that broken bolt out of there?
What tools do you have access to?
Quick/easy weld a nut to the remaining bolt and back it out.
Try vise grips and some penetrating oil
Last resort, drill out.
Do you have access to other side of bolt? Maybe try vise grip or pliers from that side?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I put some penetrating oil on it before I went to lunch. I knew that would be a problem. Vice grips are not working.
I have access to the top of the weld nut but it’s not far enough in for me to grab it on top either. There’s not enough surface area to weld on it so I guess I’m heading to the store to try to get an easy out

Thank you for the suggestions and help!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!