Need help understanding the True Battery Isolator

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Specifically the "Remote Crank Disconnect".

I would think by the name, when hooked up it would allow the Aux battery to assist the main/start battery when the starter is engaged. So, after I hooked it to the the starter side of the starter solenoid I tested it. I put a volt meter on the aux battery and had the wife start the SXS. I didn't see any fluctuation or voltage drop on the Aux battery. I purposely did this on a cold start to draw the most amps.

Where is my thinking off? What does this feature actually do?

Thanks Red.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the section in the instructions that talks about it. I know the isolator is supposed to keep the batteries separate, except for charging, but I'm think this would allow them to join while cranking the starter.

20230314 082344

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update... I sent the question to True AM and their response was:

If your blue light is on (start battery above 13 volts) the batteries are connected. It will disconnect them when the starter is engaged to protect sensitive electronic components hooked up to the Aux battery. This is my paraphrasing, I had to dumb it down to understand their answer. LOL.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: CID
R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with Hondasxs and wish there was a way to connect the two batteries if the Start battery got low.

Reactions: 906UP and CID
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with Hondasxs and
wish there was a way to connect the two batteries if the Start battery got low.
Simple, add a Flux Capacitor to your dash.
6 dash mounted

Dash 2

Yes, I know I should fuse the power to the flux capacitor switch.
And no, I did not use a true am.
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!