JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Fellas,
Little misadventure this afternoon.... longitudinal aluminum folding ramp broke, when unloading Honda riding lawn mower off the back of my OBS powerstroke 4x4. They were stout ramps, seems one of my rear tires was low (on tractor) and the mover deck bottomed out on the passenger side ramp the momentum pulled the ramp off the tailgate (and they were tied down too) my climbing rope stretched...will use ratchet straps from now on... anyways remaining ramp cracked above the hinge. Was a bit of a scramble as I at one point was holding the tractor from rolling over on me. Hahahaha no harm, aside from the ramp. Funny thing was, had just mentioned to a friend when I was tie-ing ramps down 80% of all accidents with ATV/UTV and I guess riding lawn mowers happen at load/unload times 🤣😂😁
So on the hunt for new longitudinal aluminum folding ramps, last one where curved too. Just looking for options as I’ve had these ones since 2014... cheers.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought some wide heavy duty 10' folding arched aluminum ramps from Titan. They are rated at 1,500 lbs per ramp. The below are pics of the first one I opened. The truck is a 1996 F350 4WD with an 8' bed if it helps scale the ramps for you at all.
IMG 60421

IMG 60431
IMG 60441

This link goes to the product page for a single ramp (I bought two singles because it was a little cheaper for some reason).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just bought some wide heavy duty 10' folding arched aluminum ramps from Titan. They are rated at 1,500 lbs per ramp. The below are pics of the first one I opened. The truck is a 1996 F350 4WD with an 8' bed if it helps scale the ramps for you at all.
View attachment 211837
View attachment 211838View attachment 211839

This link goes to the product page for a single ramp (I bought two singles because it was a little cheaper for some reason).
Had that same set for a few years and they did well. Awhile back I finally had one break and it was a hell Mary power load lol. But that was on a heavily loaded 1000. I’m sure they’d still be good without the extra weight we had.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
JCart, glad you weren't wounded. Mower ramp mishaps don't always end well.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
You might check out "Discount Ramps" if you have not already. I have bought ramps and other stuff from them, and have had good experiences.
If you are not in a hurry, sign up for their sale alerts, and they will usually send you a 10 or 15% off coupon. Ramps, Carriers, Lifts, & More | Discount Ramps

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 211837
View attachment 211838View attachment 211839

Thanks for the pix and link @JeremieBaker those are scooby ramps! Gonna say probably too wide for my needs... as I have limited room when I back my P500 into my truck and typically store ramps under between wheels. Appreciate the link though. Thinking 12” wides would be great, folding longitudinal is what I did have and they are great ramps just the mis adventure boogered them up...
Thanks for suggestions guys.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the pix and link @JeremieBaker those are scooby ramps! Gonna say probably too wide for my needs... as I have limited room when I back my P500 into my truck and typically store ramps under between wheels. Appreciate the link though. Thinking 12” wides would be great, folding longitudinal is what I did have and they are great ramps just the mis adventure boogered them up...
Thanks for suggestions guys.
You're welcome sir! Hopefully you find something you like for a reasonable price.

C

Chuckerbird

Lifetime Member
May 26, 2017
Battle Mountain, NV.
Ownership

1. 500
Bought my folding ramps from Cabelas. Had them for 3 years. Not a problem. 1500 lbs capacity per side. Check the Cabelas site. Might even be on sale.

Reactions: JCart

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!