P500 Need to vent. Part missing from order

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
It seems lately when I order anything on line, somehow the order is goofed up or parts are not sent. When I ordered the Moose 2" Hitch from Dennis Kirk, they left out a critical spacer - just one little spacer, but one I couldn't do without. I sent Moose an email and they sent me one. I had it in a couple weeks, and easily installed the hitch recently and love it.

So the end of January I ordered a SuperAtv Flip Windshield for the little 500. I have had some health issues so I was not able to install it until today. I opened the box and was super excited to install the windshield. Darn it! They left out a small metal insert that fit through a rubber grommet that was located in the lower part of the windshield. Anyway, I just emailed superatv. We will see how long it takes to receive my insert. I was a little surprised about the missing part, as I did not experience this when I ordered my power steering.

The bottom portion of the windshield appears to be about 1/8 too wide and won't fit between the front ROPS. That's another story.

I just aggravates me when all the parts are not included for assembly. I'm afraid I am turning into a grumpy old man! Thanks for letting me vent!

H

HondaTech

It seems lately when I order anything on line, somehow the order is goofed up or parts are not sent. When I ordered the Moose 2" Hitch from Dennis Kirk, they left out a critical spacer - just one little spacer, but one I couldn't do without. I sent Moose an email and they sent me one. I had it in a couple weeks, and easily installed the hitch recently and love it.

So the end of January I ordered a SuperAtv Flip Windshield for the little 500. I have had some health issues so I was not able to install it until today. I opened the box and was super excited to install the windshield. Darn it! They left out a small metal insert that fit through a rubber grommet that was located in the lower part of the windshield. Anyway, I just emailed superatv. We will see how long it takes to receive my insert. I was a little surprised about the missing part, as I did not experience this when I ordered my power steering.

The bottom portion of the windshield appears to be about 1/8 too wide and won't fit between the front ROPS. That's another story.

I just aggravates me when all the parts are not included for assembly. I'm afraid I am turning into a grumpy old man! Thanks for letting me vent!

You should try ordering $600 fairings, 3 times for a crate damaged unit only to use the originals because someone can't put decals on them without bubbles.

D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520
It seems lately when I order anything on line, somehow the order is goofed up or parts are not sent. ...

I know, I can't even count on my drive thru order at McDonalds to be right anymore. :(

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In certain parts of the country that's not true.
It's true in my part of the country too and we have quite a McDonald's in town. It has a beautiful view of the Cuyahoga Valley from the balcony seating. I just meant me. Or did you mean the putting pants on part ...LoL

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have a better attitude today. Must be all the talk about food - distracted my thought process and temporarily switched my train of thought from grommet inserts to Big Macs and Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
Moose made it right, and I expect SuperAtv will make it right as well.
Please forgive my occasional Grumpy Old Man rantings.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a better attitude today. Must be all the talk about food - distracted my thought process and temporarily switched my train of thought from grommet inserts to Big Macs and Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
Moose made it right, and I expect SuperAtv will make it right as well.
Please forgive my occasional Grumpy Old Man rantings.
It's a required asset here!!!!! HA!

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
It's true in my part of the country too and we have quite a McDonald's in town. It has a beautiful view of the Cuyahoga Valley from the balcony seating. I just meant me. Or did you mean the putting pants on part ...LoLView attachment 383451
Holy Crap! What City and State did you say you were from? Is that seriously a real McDonalds restaurant or a bank?

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
You were thinkin of doin a late night burger run weren't you.
How did you know about my late night burger runs?
Not to disparage Micky Dee's, but there are better burgers around where I live. I would rather have a big old juicy cheeseburger with all the trimmings, some good fries, and a chocolate shake, than I would your average restaurant steak.
In all seriousness, the reduced decibel level is enough that I will order another @trigger - I mean Quickshield fairly soon. My research on sound mitigation for my own P500 supports the fact that, for the price, you can't do better than the Quickshield.
Plus you will be supporting a forum vendor, and an extremely wise, and articulate expert in all things relating to the P500/520.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It's like the Twilight Zone right now!
Imagine if you will, we've combined two different threads, I'm being called an expert and it all began at a swanky Mickey D's in Independence OH. Which I've been to btw.
Built a CVS in that town yrs ago which was your standard run of the mill bc it didn't require the downtown look. However, up the road a pc in Shaker Heights we did have to give one the look. Not the nicest of areas but the swankiest CVS I've ever seen and I built a ton of them.

PS. There was a run of the mill Mickey D's down the street. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: ODAMO and NTCPrezJB
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's like the Twilight Zone right now!
Imagine if you will, we've combined two different threads, I'm being called an expert and it all began at a swanky Mickey D's in Independence OH. Which I've been to btw.
Built a CVS in that town yrs ago which was your standard run of the mill bc it didn't require the downtown look. However, up the road a pc in Shaker Heights we did have to give one the look. Not the nicest of areas but the swankiest CVS I've ever seen and I built a ton of them.

View attachment 385098

PS. There was a run of the mill Mickey D's down the street. 🤦‍♂️
Small world. Good to see someone gettin after their bucket list....hehe. Did you happen to eat up on the balcony when you were there? Great view.
Shaker is swank compared to some of the areas that surround it. East Cleveland makes Detroit look like a walk in the park.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this is the 'new normal' they forced upon us. incompetency runs rampant and nothing gets done!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!