New 1000-5 in West MI

H

Hockynut23

Jan 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello! Have been doing a lot of reading on this site over the last month or so and just got our 1000-5 a couple weeks back. We camp all over MI and frequent Silver Lake Dunes. This will be the first year take our own vehicle/machine out on the dunes (been riding my father-in-law's Jeep for the last few years) and we're all pumped for it!

I've been all over online trying to find out where all we can drive this thing, but most of all trying to figure out if we need to trailer it to the Dunes area from the state park campground, or can we drive it over. It's got turn signals, horn, windshield, etc., but hasn't been titled as street-legal. Anyone know?

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the Saginaw Bay area.
There are a select few state park campgrounds that allow you to ride in and out, but very few. Roads within state parks are actually classified as state roads under MDOTs jurisdiction.
Every municipality in MI has the option whether or not to pass an Ordinance to allow riding on county roads. Most "up north" townships allow it. Must travel on the far right and at fairly low speed.
Sorry, I wish there was an easy answer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello! Have been doing a lot of reading on this site over the last month or so and just got our 1000-5 a couple weeks back. We camp all over MI and frequent Silver Lake Dunes. This will be the first year take our own vehicle/machine out on the dunes (been riding my father-in-law's Jeep for the last few years) and we're all pumped for it!

I've been all over online trying to find out where all we can drive this thing, but most of all trying to figure out if we need to trailer it to the Dunes area from the state park campground, or can we drive it over. It's got turn signals, horn, windshield, etc., but hasn't been titled as street-legal. Anyone know?

Welcome to the club from NW Louisiana.

#NTC

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from a former Michigander
1a

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander!

haven't been to the dunes in some time myself, gets to crazy there. Like @trigger said, you can ride all over up north on snowmobile trails and most county's will let u rude in the shoulder if its not a M or US road. Check with the area your in before doing so.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!
We need to see them headlights!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!