P1000 New 2020 1000-5 no reverse ??????????

T

Triaxle

May 15, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
new 2020 with 115 miles first oil change done and recall , but some times when I start up let idle a min or two , put in reverse it just rev`s like not there , its done this a few times and it cold ??? told dealer they checked and tweaked the lineage a little seemed good . home now did again ?????????? is it just the cold ??? its done it just a few times like I was in natural .

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had that issue specifically with reverse but I frequently have that issue with low range when its still cold. It just won't go in until it warms up and I don't ever jam it in unless it willingly goes in. I would definitely have a problem without reverse though. Does it work better when it warms up?

T

Triaxle

May 15, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it seems to come and go . if I went and started tonight and it in the 25 degree garage let warm up foot on brake engage reverse its some times just revs like neutral ,Waite maybe move shifter then it backs up . the dealer just serviced 115 mile check up and set the cables even but still does it , could it be up at the gear shifter it self ??????????? works 99 per cent but I do not think this should happen .

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
new 2020 with 115 miles first oil change done and recall , but some times when I start up let idle a min or two , put in reverse it just rev`s like not there , its done this a few times and it cold ??? told dealer they checked and tweaked the lineage a little seemed good . home now did again ?????????? is it just the cold ??? its done it just a few times like I was in natural .

Is this your first side by side?

Mine will do what you are saying sometimes also. I try to look at the dash to make sure that gear shows on the screen. every sxs I have driven is very sensitive to making sure the gear shift is good. And they are worse in the cold. If you just shift it and don’t baby the shifter it works better.

My Polaris was the worst, instead of reving like it was in neutral, it would grind them clunk into gear at the end.o_O

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow.. I keep reading about all these issues with Honda and it’s making me think I should look at other machines.
Keep in mind websites like this one are where people come for advice when they have problems. The majority of these machines are out in the world with no issues, but you don’t usually hear about those ones. Bought my ‘16 1000-5 brand new in nov 2016 and other than some minor quality control gripes that should have been caught by the dealership I’ve had no issues with it. I’m about to go out and plow with it right now as a matter of fact.

All That being said, if this stuff scares you off maybe go check out another brand. Check their forums too and see what you find there. If I was buying today I’d buy a Yamaha. That rmax is sweet.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Keep in mind websites like this one are where people come for advice when they have problems. The majority of these machines are out in the world with no issues, but you don’t usually hear about those ones. Bought my ‘16 1000-5 brand new in nov 2016 and other than some minor quality control gripes that should have been caught by the dealership I’ve had no issues with it. I’m about to go out and plow with it right now as a matter of fact.

All That being said, if this stuff scares you off maybe go check out another brand. Check their forums too and see what you find there. If I was buying today I’d buy a Yamaha. That rmax is sweet.
I have been.. that one is on my radar. I also see the Kawasaki KRX is highly revealed here, that says a lot too. Also the wolverine seems to be well regarded but has been replaced by the new rmax.

T

Triaxle

May 15, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I came from Suzuki King Quad 700 I bought new , was garage kept had full locking rears blk wheels added . was flawless . I traded for the new 2020 pioneer . It may be me getting use to this side by side ,I just bump it in and mostly ok . when I ride the lever along seems when but not always ,115 babied miles ,added A arm guards front and rear , half windshield , want a back up light for it when ever . also have a sun screen mesh top on the way .

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
F

Fseybert

Jan 5, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When it's that cold out, just pull the lever a little bit, or wiggle it. As stated, the linkage is a bit cold.

Reactions: Lady01
M

Marcpage

Nov 8, 2021
New-Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you figure out what was the problem i got the same right now with 2000$ at the dealer and can’t figure out what’s the problem

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you figure out what was the problem i got the same right now with 2000$ at the dealer and can’t figure out what’s the problem
This is an almost 3yr old thread. The OP hasnt been on in just over a year as well. Like many newbies have an issue, start a thread get our advise and dont come back with the results. Dont be that guy! Maybe send him a PM and he will get an email and send u a response.

BTW you still havent provided pics of your rig yet and youve been asked before. POIDH ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!