Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No difference than all the crew cab trucks on the road that haul 1 person 98% of the time.

It’s a bus, but it has a place on construction sites.

it’s not the farm / ranch vehicle that people think. Maybe on a dude ranch or something. It’s too long to be worth a dam in alleys and muddy lots. Won’t be any chasing of cows in it…unless in a straight line lol. Maybe on a fence line crew or something.

Ranchers by and large want something with a HD bed like the Kawasaki Mule and a winch. The need to take more than 3 with the driver is almost never. At that time your bringing a second rig to spread out etc or a pickup truck. The p1000-3 is a fine Ranch / Farm rig. It’s relatively small, nimble, and still hauls ass. When you have to cover 1000’s of acres bringing in cows…you want more than one rig…not a single rig with 5 guys on foot…

if you have a family of six…you have another choice.

it will sell, but it’s inherently limited compared to a P1k5 or P1k3…just a matter of what makes you happy with your money.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Extended wheel base . . . no thanks. The 1000-5 is just fine. A 1000-6 will sell, but I predict, not as well.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the short wheelbase of the 1000-5 but I hate seeing people with 4 seat everythings traverse similar terrain or make it look easy because they don't constantly have a tire in the air. Offset a-arms and 30" tires will make that 1000-6 a beast. I'd recommend some frame gussets on the crossmembers and full skid plates but I'd bet that machine will be a awesome ride. Glad Honda built it but I don't really have a need for it.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000-5’s main purpose is hauling decoys/blinds across fields. Typically not more than 4-500 yards. I figure guys can suck up the cramped back seats for that distance or walk.
If I wanted a dedicated trail machine I would buy a 4 seat Talon. I have a buddy that wants a 6 seat pioneer because he has young kids and a large property. Makes sense for him, he can bring the kids and still have a full bed.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!