P700 New 700-4 owner, question on additional electrical load/accessories

S

staying_tuned

Nov 12, 2020
Poconos
Ownership

1. 700-4
Howdy folks, my family and I finally pulled the trigger on a 2021 700-4 deluxe. We are loving it. My inferno cab heater arrived the other day. I don't plan to add much else, maybe I'll get a nice panel from mystic for a USB charger, perhaps a small LED bar on the brush guard.

My question is should I provision for more down the road with a distribution block and prep for a second battery? I'd like to avoid that if possible but I don't want to screw myself. Is there a tipping over point where scaling electrical capacity is a must and if so, at what point would I need to worry about straining the stock system too much?

Total transparency here, we got this to enjoy the area here in the Poconos without beating on my truck any more. I'm not an avid hunter and while it will come in handy for work around the property, I don't see myself going bonkers with accessories. 90% of the time it will be my family and I simply exploring & camping.

Thanks a ton in advance for any guidance!

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
allow for extra space in your switch panel because as you ride you will definitely ad more it's the nature of the beast. I f you don't load it to the gills with extra stuff I wouldn't worry about an extra battery but you will know over time if that's the right thing for you. What works for some may not be needed by others. I run one battery..

Headhunterf100

Headhunterf100

Oct 14, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
Hl
I think im gonna go with one of these looks alot cleaner for the install
Hl

Reactions: staying_tuned

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!