temping to buy it but figured ill ask

E47B0FEF B714 4A55 9A68 7E335C4843AB C4F9360C BD2E 4C81 A86C 1EBE762E4325

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Interesting. Do you have a link? I'd like to take a look at it as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Its on ebay and looks like this

DF2B332E C2F0 4809 8400 ED8402B94868

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm hoping someone like Uni or Twin--Air will make an oiled foam filter for the Talon. Oiled foam has been used in dirt bikes for decades - it's very effective and, most importantly, it's cleanable.

Paper filters are fine on street machines but the simple fact that they're uncleanable, makes them a poor choice for dirt machines. IMHO

In comparison tests, pleated filters, like the K&N, rate poorly against oiled foam, so I wouldn't consider one of them either.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Paper filters work perfectly fine. Heavy equipment that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars run in super dirty environments all day every day, and go tens of thousands of engine hours on Donaldson type paper filter setups. The issue here is the inlet is in a poor location, not the element. Plus, over-serviceing i.e. removing the element too frequently, especially in a setup that does not have a safety element, runs the risk of introducing more dirt into the engine. This is the reason for air restriction indicators, to prevent disturbing the element before necessary. Not to mention, the dirtier a paper element gets the better it works, up to a point, of course, but waaaaay beyond what most would consider dirty.

H

HondaTech

Paper filters work perfectly fine. Heavy equipment that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars run in super dirty environments all day every day, and go tens of thousands of engine hours on Donaldson type paper filter setups. The issue here is the inlet is in a poor location, not the element. Plus, over-serviceing i.e. removing the element too frequently, especially in a setup that does not have a safety element, runs the risk of introducing more dirt into the engine. This is the reason for air restriction indicators, to prevent disturbing the element before necessary. Not to mention, the dirtier a paper element gets the better it works, up to a point, of course, but waaaaay beyond what most would consider dirty.

I spoke to a guy at training last month who'd brought the air filter concern up to his DSM.

He said they've run the air filter on the Talon to the point of it being appearing to be completely clogged and the performance never dropped. He said that what they were replacing was still ok to run. These guys were from Utah where the dust is an everyday thing.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I spoke to a guy at training last month who'd brought the air filter concern up to his DSM.

He said they've run the air filter on the Talon to the point of it being appearing to be completely clogged and the performance never dropped. He said that what they were replacing was still ok to run. These guys were from Utah where the dust is an everyday thing.
I agree that the element can hold an enormous amount of material, no doubt, but they definitely screwed the pooch on the pickup point.

Reactions: IDIOT
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
when RC came out with filters for the YXZ, they worked great except they had a batch that were like 1/8" short and guys did not grease ends so dirt got by. They got a bad name quick even though guys that paid attention thought they worked good. The YXZ had dual filtration so the second filter stopped what got by so no engine damage.

Reactions: IDIOT and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Guys, i just signed up my little comany, 10-80 Dirt Sports, as a supporting vendor. My company started with selling R2C filters locally and online. I’ve sold a bunch of these filters and have used them myself for several years on RZR 800, ACE 900, and RZR S1000 with no problems. I’ve not had one customer complain about the filters.

I have these listed on ebay and 10-80dirtsports.com. For forum members send me a message and I’ll get you the best price.

I’ll be adding more Honda items to my website as I build more connections. Please check me out online & read our story page. I’ll be happy to assist anyone the best way I can. Thank you all! Looking forward to doing business with some Honda folks.

Last edited:
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the new R2C filter and will be installing it shortly and will give everyone and update as I put the miles on it.
Being from AZ I live and ride in a very dusty environment and my stock filter did not fair very well.
I did install a S&B particle separator on my Talon, which helped tremendously.
But from my past experiences now that I have the R2C to complement the S&B, I probably will never have to buy another filter since the R2C is cleanable and very well made....DRK

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
I’ve used r2c filters on Rzr’s and can ams and they work fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!