sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
55806F7F ED45 4EDE 9EB4 F11856642BCC

At my shop getting the recalls completed and they have a set of these. Telling me they are new.

What are your thoughts?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much $

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those look pretty sweet. My tire guy tells me bfg truck tires arent as good as they used to be. I have no idea if that transfers to the sxs world though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Remington
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A coworker and I are supposed to be getting two sets to test. Will report back if/when this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really? Shoot, I could get the 28” today.

Planned to get the Rock a Billy after your reviews.
Yep I absolutely love my rockabilly. Would buy them again. Hard part about the bfg is you'll be the first with them. So no reviews of them. Could be really crappy tires. If it's a big investment don't do it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Those look pretty sweet. My tire guy tells me bfg truck tires arent as good as they used to be. I have no idea if that transfers to the sxs world though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Couldn’t agree more! They were once awesome and all I would buy. My last 2 sets for my truck and the set on my wife’s wrangler are garbage and I hate saying that. Great right out of the box, put 6k + miles on them and then out of wack and they won’t balance worth a chit! Had the last two sets on my truck road forced and they were at 30lbs over the recommend force poundage and we’re replaced under warranty. The set they replaced them with booked out at no more than 19lbs force but was still high. Got 4K out of them (easy driving) and they were way out like the first set. Im done with that heartache, no more BF’s for my vehicles. Although being on a sxs and not reg road/highway use there probably ok because balance and comfort is a non issue.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn’t agree more! They were once awesome and all I would buy. My last 2 sets for my truck and the set on my wife’s wrangler are garbage and I hate saying that. Great right out of the box, put 6k + miles on them and then out of wack and they won’t balance worth a chit! Had the last two sets on my truck road forced and they were at 30lbs over the recommend force poundage and we’re replaced under warranty. The set they replaced them with booked out at no more than 19lbs force but was still high. Got 4K out of them (easy driving) and they were way out like the first set. Im done with that heartache, no more BF’s for my vehicles. Although being on a sxs and not reg road/highway use there probably ok because balance and comfort is a non issue.

Which BFGs were these?

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep I absolutely love my rockabilly. Would buy them again. Hard part about the bfg is you'll be the first with them. So no reviews of them. Could be really crappy tires. If it's a big investment don't do it.

It's not that it's a big investment, it's that my best deal comes 1.5 hrs away and I'm remodeling my house right now. So, I'm quite a bit more frugal than what I usually am due to this. I also don't want to get 28" just to get 30" in a year. So, I'm still deciding on what I'd like to do.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Which BFGs were these?
All terrain KO2’s. The mud terrain’s are the same tire structure but with a Moore aggressive tread. They should be fine on a sxs. I’d buy them if I had money to burn. I think most road type mud terrain tire would be good and much Cheaper. If they give u a warranty on those tires and not void it cuz it’s on a sxs, I’d jump on them like fly on chit.

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All terrain KO2’s. The mud terrain’s are the same tire structure but with a Moore aggressive tread. They should be fine on a sxs. I’d buy them if I had money to burn. I think most road type mud terrain tire would be good and much Cheaper. If they give u a warranty on those tires and not void it cuz it’s on a sxs, I’d jump on them like fly on chit.

They are made for sxs, not truck.

I love my KO2. Have about 13,000 on mine and have been smooth as glass. Put 7000 driving out to Utah and all over and back to WV and didn’t miss a beat.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They are made for sxs, not truck.

I love my KO2. Have about 13,000 on mine and have been smooth as glass. Put 7000 driving out to Utah and all over and back to WV and didn’t miss a beat.
That’s the way mine were (great) on my previous truck that was 6 years ago. It’s the current ones is that I and @Cuoutdoors tire guy is talking about. Rather it’s happened 5 years ago or 3 or 2 years ago theyjust arnt the same quality. I’ve hard this a lot as of late. The Ko2’s on my wife’s wrangler have 21k on them and since about 12k they won’t balance right and sound like flat spots, with vibration though the seats and steering wheel. I was hooding it was just the Chrysler product she insisted on buying! Lmao. JK it’s a nice truck! But after putting all the time and money on mine just to find out there just bad, I’m waiting to just get new tires for the wrangler. BF is Owend by Michelin and there quality isn’t what it once was. Maybe that’s the reason I don’t know.

J

JTW

It's not that it's a big investment, it's that my best deal comes 1.5 hrs away and I'm remodeling my house right now. So, I'm quite a bit more frugal than what I usually am due to this. I also don't want to get 28" just to get 30" in a year. So, I'm still deciding on what I'd like to do.
I’m going to run kilos 30’s on mine in Utah.. I’ll let you know my thoughts on the 28’s vs 30’s

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My review of the rock a billy is the opposite. It doesn’t fit my riding style and I burned mine down quick. Slate cuts chunks out of them and I cut the sidewall... Granted, I’m hard on tires... Ask @Ragnar406 @my99svt and @Tigermark

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!