P1000 New Dealer In NC

D

Dirtburn

Apr 2, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is a new dealership just opened near my home town in Granite Falls NC, American Honda. I am getting closer to buying a P1k and was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet. Thanks.

Reactions: sharp and Hondasxs
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a new dealership just opened near my home town in Granite Falls NC, American Honda. I am getting closer to buying a P1k and was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet. Thanks.
Being a new dealer, I am going to bet they will take really good care of you. Initial word of mouth advertising will net them great results.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Have to stop by next time im through there.
Are they Honda Only? Powerhouse?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the forum
Get your Butt in there and buy yourself a ride.
Then let us know how they treated you.
Now that's getting familiar. Summer is here, you ain't getting any younger.Your missing out on valuable riding time.

Reactions: Mudwing
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Go in and ask for a test drive and then ask lots of questions. That should give you some idea of how they're going to treat you. If they are a Powerhouse dealer that should also be a plus. you're going to love your Pioneer.

D

Dirtburn

Apr 2, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Go in and ask for a test drive and then ask lots of questions. That should give you some idea of how they're going to treat you. If they are a Powerhouse dealer that should also be a plus. you're going to love your Pioneer.

I am not ready to turn the key quite yet but I always try to buy local first is feasible.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You know...Catawba county is one place where i never knew where many of the bike shops are.

Went to the one in Hickory a few times. Nice place back in those days (early 2000's). Bought my F4 at Wilkes Honda. Bought a few quads at Boone Honda (my closest dealer), now out of business after decades. When I decided to trade the F4 on a literbike, nobody outside team Charlotte would do much of a deal (or even had a CBR1000RR).

I believe in local 1st, but I also don't give my business to those who try to extort me.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Over the last 20 years I have bought from Wilkesboro, Statesville, Hickory and Charlotte. I am hoping having a local dealer will have it's benefits, if nothing more than not having to drive as far for filters and oil.
Amazon!
Then again, i rarely use factory oil and filters it seems...

Reactions: swsebek
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would be wondering about there service tec's

D

Dirtburn

Apr 2, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would be wondering about there service tec's

That is a concern of mine as well. I tend to do all of my maintenance myself but if something arises that needs their services I guess the best thing to do is check up on their work.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Typically service techs will be scalped from other dealers or have some sort of experience. I would be hard pressed to start a dealership without an established lead tech.
The guy that just graduated from bike tech school would not be my first choice as a lead tech.

How their machines are prepped is a good indicator of the quality of tech they employ. If the machines appear to be assembled well, chances are you have a guy with attention to detail.

Reactions: Landman and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!