P500 New (dusty) Pioneer 500

Tawin

Tawin

Aug 9, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
FB IMG 1598112787807

First ride on the Pioneer 500. I have been on this site for a few weeks figuring out what to add. Lots of good ideas here. So far I bought the factory roof, Badlands winch, cheep plastic tote for under the hood, cheep plastic trash can for under the seat. Ordered mirrors, gun mounts, winch plate, and a Throttle -maxx gas pedal.

Trying to decide on a windshield. I am leaning towards the EMP glass windshield. Can't find any reviews on it. The EMP web site has no user comments. Has any one on here tried one?

Tawin

Tawin

Aug 9, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
The main thing I would like to know is if the windshield can be removed without too much trouble. Would like to use a screen type windshield during the summer. I'll try calling EMP tommorow.

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
The main thing I would like to know is if the windshield can be removed without too much trouble. Would like to use a screen type windshield during the summer. I'll try calling EMP tommorow.
I have a 'USA' brand glass windshield (SXS Windshields in Utah). Very satisfied. Uses six clamps to hold it. EMP did not have theirs out last fall when I got mine.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from another Great Lake Stater!

I had a P5 for a second machine. Fun little bastard. I had a Honda full windshield and a Honda half. If I could do it all over again, I’d have sold those and just got the SATV flip like I have on my P1K5 and been done with it.
if your planning on taking the glass Windshield off from time to time, forget it! Complete pita imo.Look into the SATV flip, you’ll be glad you did.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome...I have a glass windshield by another company with a wiper, glass is the only way to go.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome form Ga. You got a good start on the accessories. Highly recommend power steering in your future.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 220070
First ride on the Pioneer 500. I have been on this site for a few weeks figuring out what to add. Lots of good ideas here. So far I bought the factory roof, Badlands winch, cheep plastic tote for under the hood, cheep plastic trash can for under the seat. Ordered mirrors, gun mounts, winch plate, and a Throttle -maxx gas pedal.

Trying to decide on a windshield. I am leaning towards the EMP glass windshield. Can't find any reviews on it. The EMP web site has no user comments. Has any one on here tried one?
Welcome from NW Arkansas! Windshields? I had a OEM shortie that got scratched up badly and with the sun shinning on it was hard to see through, I've got a hard coat flip out on ours now, only time I like it is when it's raining, with a full windshield you will need a sprayer and squeegee with you at all times and if you ride tight trails you will rip the upper right off if you have the upper open, my favorite windshield is a Kolpin shortie, that's fixing to go back on, it has great wind deflection, I can wear a hat with it and it fits the hood contour better than the other two windshields I've had/have. Welcome!

Reactions: Mudwing
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
Like @GreenP500 I also have the same windshield from SXS windshields. I really like the full width vent they have at the bottom of the windshield.
The SXS windshield also fits perfectly with my EMP aluminum roof. I have added two wipers and a wash system.
As I Mentioned, I have an EMP roof, and their quality is very good.
Best of luck on your decision.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
DaddyDubbs, just received by SxSwindshields (aka USA windshields) for my 500 today. Looks like a great quality product and will get it mounted up tonight. I have been waiting on my EMP poly roof for quite awhile and they are still saying 10 to 15 business days (been saying that for a month). I would have considered the EMP aluminum roof but was unsure if it would work with the SxS windshield. Glad to hear that it does. Does it lap over the top of the windshield in the front? Any chance you could post a pic?

Alabama welcome - one item to consider is skid plates and rock sliders. I just received my UMHW full skid and a arm guards from SSS Offroad. Look like a high quality product that will completely protect the underside of the P500 and plan on installing those today also. Lots of $ and fun tricking out your Pioneer 500.

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
DaddyDubbs, just received by SxSwindshields (aka USA windshields) for my 500 today. Looks like a great quality product and will get it mounted up tonight. I have been waiting on my EMP poly roof for quite awhile and they are still saying 10 to 15 business days (been saying that for a month). I would have considered the EMP aluminum roof but was unsure if it would work with the SxS windshield. Glad to hear that it does. Does it lap over the top of the windshield in the front? Any chance you could post a pic?

Alabama welcome - one item to consider is skid plates and rock sliders. I just received my UMHW full skid and a arm guards from SSS Offroad. Look like a high quality product that will completely protect the underside of the P500 and plan on installing those today also. Lots of $ and fun tricking out your Pioneer 500.
I too have an EMP aluminum roof. It does not fit as it is suppose too. EMP bent it in the wrong place. They sent me some extra clamps. Duh! I made some adjustments and am making do and rather have it than plastic. I would not buy it again unless I lived close enough to them that I could return it for correction or replacement.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info GreenP500. Sounds like I might want to just stay on the eternity waiting list with EMP to get the plastic roof. Is your EMP roof older? You would think that by now it would have been brought to their attention and they would have corrected the bend points.

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info GreenP500. Sounds like I might want to just stay on the eternity waiting list with EMP to get the plastic roof. Is your EMP roof older? You would think that by now it would have been brought to their attention and they would have corrected the bend points.
I got it last fall.

Tawin

Tawin

Aug 9, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Thank (all of) you for the welcome and responces. I decided on the factory windshield because of easy on and off. I also like the way it seals against the roof and hood. Will be adding a winch and gun racks later this week.
IMG 20200825 170856021

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!