BOX1

P1000 New ECU

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Ok I looked and could not find the answer. If I order a second new OEM ECU, is it plug and play or do I need to do something to get it to work. I am looking at getting a second ECU and having it tuned, but want the ability to return to stock if there is an issue and I don't want my pioneer down for a few days as I drive it daily. Thanks for the help.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its plug-n-play.
It does not have to be initialized or anything like that.

Please give us a full rundown and update on the tuned version. Many of us are wanting to do it but no one has given a good review worth wasting our time with.

Last edited:
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Thanks for the info, I will be ordering one tomorrow. When it gets here I will try it out and then send it off. I am hoping to get some of the power back from the loss I got from running truck tires. More to come.......

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
So any pointers on Moab. I want to go there this spring

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Topic for another thread.
- Don't go alone.
- Research the hell out of it. Buy the trail book.
- Stay for at least a week.
- Stay where you can access the most trails via backroads.
- Pack enough food/water in case you have to camp on the trail.

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Its plug-n-play.
It does not have to be initialized or anything like that.

Please give us a full rundown and update on the tuned version. Many of us are wanting to do it but no one has given a good review worth wasting our time with.

Got the new ECU in and went to try it out, the pioneer started and shifted fine. The one thing that I noticed is that on the instrument cluster there was no "P" for park (looked like a half shaped "U") and both the MT and AT lights where on. I could hit the button for manual mode and the "H" would go what ever gear I was in but both light where still on. When I put the original ECU back in everything was fine, any ideas before I call RMATV? I want to make sure everything is good before I send it off to be tuned.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
H

HondaTech

I wonder if the new ECU will have the fan update and what effect tuning has on that? 🤔

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Honestly the Pioneer in stock form is pretty damn well equipped for Moab. Our first trip the machine was stock and we had no issues doing the major obstacles. I Would suggest a good skid plate that completely goes front to back and the sides. Our stock one took a beating and That was the first thing we upgraded. It seemed like we were always dragging the bottom so I ended up upgrading the a-arms to superatv forward arms front and rear so I could comfortably fit 30" bighorn 2.0s. We surprise a lot of Can-am and RZR Riders every time we go! As far as Moab itself, Get the Trails book by Wells. Its a very good tool if your alone. I Would join our facebook group and coordinate with someone whos already riding the area and tag along. We are in Moab pretty often on the weekends! Moab UTV Group The Rentals/Hotels are expensive. If you like to Dry camp I can suggest a few spots for Campers, tent camping there's a lot more options. Just about any place in town has great food however we are cheap and try to make dinners/lunches as much as possible but sometimes your so tired from the sun, youd rather grab something. The restaurants are pretty crowded between 6-10pm!

Reactions: JTW and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Honestly the Pioneer in stock form is pretty damn well equipped for Moab. Our first trip the machine was stock and we had no issues doing the major obstacles. I Would suggest a good skid plate that completely goes front to back and the sides. Our stock one took a beating and That was the first thing we upgraded. It seemed like we were always dragging the bottom so I ended up upgrading the a-arms to superatv forward arms front and rear so I could comfortably fit 30" bighorn 2.0s. We surprise a lot of Can-am and RZR Riders every time we go! As far as Moab itself, Get the Trails book by Wells. Its a very good tool if your alone. I Would join our facebook group and coordinate with someone whos already riding the area and tag along. We are in Moab pretty often on the weekends! Moab UTV Group The Rentals/Hotels are expensive. If you like to Dry camp I can suggest a few spots for Campers, tent camping there's a lot more options. Just about any place in town has great food however we are cheap and try to make dinners/lunches as much as possible but sometimes your so tired from the sun, youd rather grab something. The restaurants are pretty crowded between 6-10pm!
Man I hope to make it up there one day. Moab and Colorado are bucket list rides for me. It's the multi day drives that put a damper on it. That and my wife just really has no interest in anything off-road so it's harder to sell the week long road trip.

Reactions: JTW
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I hope to make it up there one day. Moab and Colorado are bucket list rides for me. It's the multi day drives that put a damper on it. That and my wife just really has no interest in anything off-road so it's harder to sell the week long road trip.

Honestly My wife didn't know she loved riding until I took her! The first day in Moab we did all the sight seeing kinda trails. Now we only pretty much go to hit the harder bumpy trails lol. She learned Moab is awesome and now I cant ever go by myself anymore HAHA

Reactions: JTW and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Honestly My wife didn't know she loved riding until I took her! The first day in Moab we did all the sight seeing kinda trails. Now we only pretty much go to hit the harder bumpy trails lol. She learned Moab is awesome and now I cant ever go by myself anymore HAHA
Oh I've tried everything. She had a good time at RRB in September when we went (whether she wants to admit or not), but she is only into it for a few hours and then she's done.

• Sad
Reactions: Dezrik
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I wonder if the new ECU will have the fan update and what effect tuning has on that? 🤔
The new ECU should, I ordered it from RMATV and it took a little longer because they get them from Honda. I called and verified, so it took an extra 3-5 days to receive it.

I will reinstall it and preform the trans initiation process and then call Silber. I do not want or need the RPM limiter raised, I am just looking for better low end. I will get some back to back 0-40 times between the stock and tuned ECUs. I hope to have the new unit sent out this week.

Reactions: Dezrik and AZRocks
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!