P500 new exhaust and power commander

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ok so i finally decided on trying to upgrade power on my machine. i already upgraded the air filter and added a snorkel so intake air is good. i bought a motorcycle style slip on muffler, cut my exhaust at the front of the cat and fabbed the new muffler on. a quick test ride it definitely has better throttle response and is louder.
just received a power commander v and am in process of installing. will post some pictures of the exhaust and mounting.

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is the start of what I did with the exhaust

IMG 20170215 202357489

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Put the rev extend kit in the power commander. Mine runs like a monster now no more rev limiter just power!

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went on Amazon and search for slip on muffler for ATV and it has several ones there I got the one that shows 250 to 1000 cc. I figured for 65 dollars now I have an adapter for any slip on muffler with a 51 mm inlet.

IMG 20170226 133825962

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is just a little louder at idle but definitely louder under full throttle I removed the seats and the plastic under the driver's side. I cut right at the catylitic convertor. The pipe can then be unbolted from the engine and the mount on the side. It will come up through where the seat is.

IMG 20170226 135653105

Reactions: Dp5hunter
illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK seat of the pants dyno it has more power. Definitely quicker throttle response and seems to pull harder through the gears. I was looking for more mid range power and I think I found it. I am going to take it to a dyno and have it tweaked some.

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Power commander v offers the program that I have. All i have to say is it's a big difference! I had mine put in at a performance shop and they called and got the program and put it in.

Reactions: CURTK and Dp5hunter
illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried to upload a video but it says file too big. I did put a reflective heat shield tape on the bottom of the existing heat shield to help and it seems to be working well. I eliminated the shield's on the cat and the muffler.

IMG 20170226 135705397

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Power commander v offers the program that I have. All i have to say is it's a big difference! I had mine put in at a performance shop and they called and got the program and put it in.
I checked the power Commander website all they show is the stock map. I bought mine through Fuel Moto and they loaded one that is more fuel than the stock map. The tech there suggested that I take it to a dyno or buy the auto tuner or I can try to do it myself with their support.

Reactions: ehart814
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Does the power commander eliminate the need for the 02 sensor?

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ok after a day trail riding i definitely have more power. most noticble in spots i used to have to go to low gear now i am in second and moving much quicker. big improvement for 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. still seems a little sluggish in 5th gear up towards the top end, but i did not change the rev limiter. i am running 27" swamplite tires and it wants to kick the back end around better in loose stuff.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok after a day trail riding i definitely have more power. most noticble in spots i used to have to go to low gear now i am in second and moving much quicker. big improvement for 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. still seems a little sluggish in 5th gear up towards the top end, but i did not change the rev limiter. i am running 27" swamplite tires and it wants to kick the back end around better in loose stuff.

Could you please provide a link which PC you bought? Can I just install it without going through dyno testing , is it plug and play?

Can I preserve stock exhaust ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!