New Ford 1/2 ton trucks

J

JTW

Holy crap what dealer are you using @JTW ?!?? That sounds like a hell of a trade in.

I do hate the clear coat wheels- none of them last more than a year or so in the grime up here. Raw aluminum that can be polished is the way to go, but hard to find now.

I agree- FX4 is an expensive sticker in my mind. I dont use my 40k dollar truck like that.

I think you guys have me convinced. When I bought my last truck I was sticker shocked straight out of college. Before that, my last pickup was a 1990 f150 single cab with a straight 6 lol. I thought 10k could buy me a nice truck, so the idea of spending what I spent then buying a 500 dollar tuner was insane. Of course two years ago when we went to Hatfield McCoy for the first time we scoffed at these fools in there 15-20k side by sides to ride trails from the throne of our 95/96 fourtrax 300s. You all have seen our garage now :oops:. It's all relative I suppose.
One in Louisville Ky.. if you’re interested PM me and we can talk details

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wish my pioneer fit in my enclosed... smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had one that wasn’t 8 1/2 feet wide and 10 feet tall. I wouldn’t mind climbing out the back of the P1000 if I could save 1’ of width and a 1’ of height. I might as well be hauling two 4 x 8 sheets of plywood standing up broadside

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish I had one that wasn’t 8 1/2 feet wide and 10 feet tall. I wouldn’t mind climbing out the back of the P1000 if I could save 1’ of width and a 1’ of height. I might as well be hauling two 4 x 8 sheets of plywood standing up broadside
Ya your towing a massive kite! I’d bet 5 better mpg with a smaller v-nose

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
J

JTW

I am watching for a good deal on that very same truck in an 18’ after some discussions with the wife about RVs in the future and some fellow truck owners about 2018 diesel cost and longevity I’m leaning toward the F150 you ordered for the same reasons, instead of a 2500/3500 SRW Ram. The max I would tow on a semi-regular basis would be about 7500-8500lbs depending on load out. So while a 2500 would tow it to Moab and back on a regular basis I think for 3-4 hour trips the F150 will be fine.
Exactly.. the issue I had was there aren’t any in our area. That’s why I had to order it. I suspect you’ll find the same unless you’re willing to bend on what options are on the truck. If I’m spending this kinda money on a truck it damn well is going to be exactly what I want! I ran the numbers both ways.. XLT vs lariat and it came to about 3-4k difference in price by the time I added stuff to the XLT I wanted. That difference was then again minimized by the options that “I didn’t want” being included in the packages.

I ordered the lariat 502a package, with tow mirrors, Max Tow package, navigation, 20” wheels, rear tailgate step and wheel well liners.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly.. the issue I had was there aren’t any in our area. That’s why I had to order it. I suspect you’ll find the same unless you’re willing to bend on what options are on the truck. If I’m spending this kinda money on a truck it damn well is going to be exactly what I want! I ran the numbers both ways.. XLT vs lariat and it came to about 3-4k difference in price by the time I added stuff to the XLT I wanted. That difference was then again minimized by the options that “I didn’t want” being included in the packages.

I ordered the lariat 502a package, with tow mirrors, Max Tow package, navigation, 20” wheels, rear tailgate step and wheel well liners.

Looking for a Lariat or better with under 30k miles. Go ahead and let someone else pay the depreciation. Well the more I’ve been digging the MaxTow only adds significant tow rating if you also have HDPP

I can accomplish both of those adding a leaf and fluid coolers which is the adds. (Apparently HDPP has also has 7 lug wheels and comes with 10ply but 10Ply BFGs are getting added anyway.) who the hell used 7lug wheels, just go ahead and skip to the 8lugs off the SD!

As long as it’s a 3.5EB with 3.55 or lower I am dang close to max tow on a 2018 I can add the coolers and the leaf and have the same capacity even if it’s not on the door sticker.

RV & Trailer Towing Guides | fleet.ford.com

For laughs compare F150 2019 MaxTow with HDPP to a 03’ F350 SRW Max

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
The 3.5 eco-boost is already the most powerful half ton engine as far as torque goes. Especially low end torque. But if you wanted to spend the money they now offer the high output version which is 510 foot pounds and 450 hp. That would be pretty incredible
No sir it's not, in the Ram

The 5.7 liter Hemi is 410 ft lbs of torque, and with the e torque system it bumps up to 540 ft lbs in the half ton.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

The 5.7 liter Hemi is 410 ft lbs of torque, and with the e torque system it bumps up to 540 ft lbs in the half ton.

Yeah but that hippie torque is only off the line. I’d blow by that hemi on a mountain pull

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That’s not accurate it boosts available off idle torque not max torque.
17363F43 6E80 46E8 9297 484C585B2B33

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
That’s not accurate it boosts available off idle torque not max torque.
View attachment 116770
I didn’t say max torque. If you read the post from Joey that I responded to he specifically states low end torque, that’s what the e torque system provides. A boost of 130 ft lbs at low end. That bumps the total available torque to 540.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
It doesn’t compare...

Maybe in your mind, not in everyone’s. My 1500 would have been setup similar to yours, same tire size, lifted, it would be fun to see which one would prevail. I did not have a tuner on mine and I’m pretty sure I could still outrun you and out tow you and get better mileage.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t say max torque. If you read the post from Joey that I responded to he specifically states low end torque, that’s what the e torque system provides. A boost of 130 ft lbs at low end. That bumps the total available torque to 540.

It just widens the band where torque is available the electric motor can provide that torque from 0Rpm unlike the gas motor, but by design it doesn’t add torque once the truck gets moving, so it doesn’t add to the peak number it just adds to the torque available at low RPM. It actually says the peak number is unaffected by the eTorque system.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe in your mind, not in everyone’s. My 1500 would have been setup similar to yours, same tire size, lifted, it would be fun to see which one would prevail. I did not have a tuner on mine and I’m pretty sure I could still outrun you and out tow you and get better mileage.

Bahahahaha that’s your liberal math working...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Even the V8 F150 which is slower than the eco-boost is faster than the ram. You’re dreaming west coaster!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
It just widens the band where torque is available the electric motor can provide that torque from 0Rpm unlike the gas motor, but by design it doesn’t add torque once the truck gets moving, so it doesn’t add to the peak number it just adds to the torque available at low RPM. It actually says the peak number is unaffected by the eTorque system.
Ok you got me. I reread his post, he specifically said highest torque motor, in the Ram it would be 2 separate systems. So the eb is 470 and the Hemi is 410.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!