New guy waiting to pick up new Talon

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hi guys new guy here and new to side by sides. Hope to get my new Talon in the next few weeks. I am in Idaho. Hope to find help here and give help if I can.

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I sure hope Honda got the altitude problem straight out now. Hope to get mine next week. Can't wait to be part of the club.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure hope Honda got the altitude problem straight out now. Hope to get mine next week. Can't wait to be part of the club.
I think the altitude problem was mostly with the P700 but I could be wrong on that? I have been wrong plenty of times lol. I remember when I got pioneer, its never been that clean since 🤣

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

I’ve had my Talon up to 13,262 feet with no problems other than rich hot starts. FI should handle that but Honda dropped the ball on that small issue.

The link in my sig has some basic Talon tips.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Welcome to the club mirage. Honda’s not working on any elevation problem intrinsically, and it’s the 700 that is the worst, but not due to a lack of power, rather a lack of low range. My personal experience with the Talon in the Rockies on the steeps, is that despite it having a low range, it’s not low enough. I was having difficulties with the stock 28’s and had to go to 30’s due to clearance issues which of course exacerbated the problem and will be having an IGR installed to compensate. Not sure what elevations you’ll encounter in ID but IMO, you’ll be fine up to 6-7K....👍

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I ordered a Hillbilly brake for it. Think I will put lower door panels on it.
Unless you and your passenger want the Talon leg, put the lower panels on. I would also reccomend at least a prefilter for your air cleaner. It's a lot cheaper to clean the prefilter than it is to replace the air filter.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from Canton, OH (Have you seen our orange juicer?).
Pics or it didn't happen!
Red is the fastest color!

#NTC

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have found out about replacing the main filter with the no oil filter. I think there is a separate box for a pre filter. Not sure about the pre filter install . I know to use a UNI filter. The filters will be the FRIST thing to do. Very dusty here in Idaho.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!