Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have found out about replacing the main filter with the no oil filter. I think there is a separate box for a pre filter. Not sure about the pre filter install . I know to use a UNI filter. The filters will be the FRIST thing to do. Very dusty here in Idaho.
I’m having great service with the R2C cleanable filter. If you’re interested you can contact @highpocket74 to get one.....
8945DB08 ACC8 44FF 983B 48BF75C6F6F8

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have found out about replacing the main filter with the no oil filter. I think there is a separate box for a pre filter. Not sure about the pre filter install . I know to use a UNI filter. The filters will be the FRIST thing to do. Very dusty here in Idaho.
It's actually really easy. The UNI filter will clamp directly on to the air intake housing. It's can be very dusty here also. When I did my 100 mile service, the air filter was full of dust. That was a bad design to say the least. A lot of info out there about attaching a dust separator. Haven't pulled the trigger on that as of yet. The prefillter seems to be doing the job. But if I was driving into massive mud holes, a better intake system would be in the works.

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ordered a Hillbilly brake for it. Think I will put lower door panels on it.
I put door lowers on my first Talon and I won’t be putting them on this one - with the radiator up front, the heat builds all day. Rokblokz fender extenders keep most of the front tire fling out of the cab. I rode down into the 30’s this winter wearing tennis shoes and was completely comfortable.

Check out the link in my sig for a good snorkel prefilter using a Uni pod filter. Not sure what you mean by a separate box for the prefilter.

M

Miles420

Jan 13, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's actually really easy. The UNI filter will clamp directly on to the air intake housing. It's can be very dusty here also. When I did my 100 mile service, the air filter was full of dust. That was a bad design to say the least. A lot of info out there about attaching a dust separator. Haven't pulled the trigger on that as of yet. The prefillter seems to be doing the job. But if I was driving into massive mud holes, a better intake system would be in the works.
I put a K&N on my 2021 Talon 1000X-4. If you can find one in stock I would highly recommend it.

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
NICE. When I talked to my dealer this week he said they were working on mine right now. Maybe next week. I don't even know what color mine is .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!