New here on the forum but....

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know the specs to much for the 500/520 but I am pretty sure that it doesn't have the turf mode. We started out with a 2015 700 and really liked it but 1 of my biggest complaints was the locked rear end (non turf). We live in a small town and drive our utv all over. We upgraded to a 2018 1000 and have been very happy with it. The locked rear end on the 700 had the front tires scrubbed off in about 1000 miles. We are a little over 5000 miles on our 1000 and the tires are half worn. Best of luck on the search and I hope you can find what you are wanting.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Hmmmm, crawdad…
1. Are you a dad?
2. Are you so old you feel the need to crawl?
3. Is it the Polaris ownership thing that ;
A. Makes your skin crawl?
B. Makes you crawl because it’s stuck in 1st gear and on fire?
4. You just happen to like crawdads?
5. Why Crawdad and not Crawlfish?
A. Is it because you’re a man and not a woman? (there are only two genders unless you identify as peanut butter or as a gnome)(or both)…
B. It’s a regional thing?
C. Is it because you like miniature freshwater lobsters and while no one is looking you like to secretly dress up as a Crustacean and play eat the dead whale at the bottom of the ocean game?
Can't believe you didn't ask if there was a Crawmom ... :D

Welcome from Michigan, @crawdad62

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Two comments, fwiw. First, I purchased a 520 in October which was about 6 months after I decided to and about 5 months after I put a deposit (refundable) with a semi-local dealer. (Continued to inquire on availability with dealers in 250 mile radius.) Paid full retail and other normal "fees." Sales guy told me they could've sold it 5 or 6 times during the 24 hours it was on showroom before I picked it up and I'm sure he wasn't exaggerating ... I'd have been one of them if it weren't for me! Second, the 520 has been great, I'm 101% satisfied and pleased. It's a small, basic unit but very nimble and maneuverable with all the essentials (at least, all that I need). Based on what you mention as your needs and interests I believe it would be adequate, if not just about perfect.

On availability (regardless of Honda Pioneer 520 or just about anything else), I'd suggest you take the time to identify and contact dealers within the range you'd be willing to drive to pick up. When I did that last year I got on some waiting lists but never heard back from a single dealer until last week when a guy in Tupelo, Miss called telling me he just got in a 520. (Posted it here.) I expect that 520 sold within a day or two.

Good luck!

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. New guy here to gain a bit of knowledge and insight into these. I'm a 60 yr. old retired firefighter. I own 5 acres of mostly heavily wooded property and I have a 600' paved drive that I keep plowed. Those are my main needs for a SXS. A few years ago I bought a Polaris 570 Sportsman. I had always been a Honda guy but the "more bang for your buck" Polaris won me over. I regretted it. Don't get me wrong the Polaris never let me down but you can just see how it's just not fit and finished like a Honda. Now I realize that most of my use involves carrying things to do things. I've always got a chainsaw or two, fuel, saws and loppers etc. Stuff that I have to strap down that I could put in the bed of a SXS.

So here we are. I want a 520. That's all I need. But this whole thing is a huge bummer. I've never even seen a Pioneer let alone drive one. There's not a dealer around that has one. I don't really need to persuaded to buy one but I would like to at least look at one before putting money down to get one. What's the lead time when ordering? I'm assuming that since there's more demand than product there's very letting negotiating power?

Anyway. I guess I can look around and live vicariously. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota, and thank you for your service. I cant speak for the 500/520 pioneer as I have the 1k5 deluxe but I can share some things I've discovered with owning mine. As far as carrying chainsaws etc, the bed is perfect, just had 3 of mine in the bed of my pioneer a week ago. No more fussing with tying them to an atv rack. It sounds like you would use your honda much the same as I use mine. It's more of a tool than a toy. The first time I drove a pioneer was when I picked it up at the dealer, wish I could have test driven one first but I'm certain I still would have bought it. Dealers not having inventory is pretty much the norm now, (thanks brandon) I just got lucky enough to get mine right before covid blew up, and I literally bought the last gray 1k5 they had. I asked the salesman when they would have more and he just laughed...like others have said it might be best to expand your search area some, I ended up driving 3 hours one way to get mine. Lead times I've heard are anywhere from 3 months to "we have no idea when well get more." Yeah negotiating is kind of a thing of the past right now, because theres far less inventory available and every dealer has a waiting list. Anyway....if you're looking for knowledge on anything pioneer or honda in general, you've come to the right place. Members on here are more than willing to offer help or insight. Best of luck!

crawdad62

crawdad62

Apr 6, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Well little update. Went to a few of the closet dealer websites and filled out contact me info. Just going to see if anyone could put me on a list with deposit or on the off chance had something. Three dealerships. The one I had always bought my Honda's from and the closest never acknowledged my question. Sort of bummed out. The other two answered right away. Of course no luck but they'd take deposits anyway.

I had a free day and decided to just go to two of the dealers that were in the same city. One of which was the one that never got back with me. I went there first and was told they wouldn't get anything until September and it was a brown 520. Didn't really want a brown one and if I had to wait that long I could still possibly find one somewhere else. The other said they were supposed to get one in August or September also and it was blue. It was one that got canceled in 2021 and reordered hence the blue. He said he wasn't even taking deposits because he kept refunding them.

So I figured either I would come upon one by accident or I'd just wait it out and hopefully they'd start moving them to dealers. But! On the way home phone rings and it's a number I don't know but I thought it might be one of them that found something. It was the dealer that never called finally getting to me. I didn't tell them when I was there that I had tried to get info from them. So he goes through the brown 520 thing again and says "But we had a 700 that's in back that's not been built." I told him I'd think about it. By the time I got home I called back and told him I'd take the 700. It's the base model and green. Not my first choice obviously but I'll take it. He said it would probably take a few days to get it going and I put a deposit down to hold it. Called Friday and said he got service to put it together and I could pick it up Saturday (yesterday). I couldn't because I didn't have a trailer lined up. Of course they're not open on Monday but Tuesday I'm picking up my brand new 700-2! wOOt!!!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well little update. Went to a few of the closet dealer websites and filled out contact me info. Just going to see if anyone could put me on a list with deposit or on the off chance had something. Three dealerships. The one I had always bought my Honda's from and the closest never acknowledged my question. Sort of bummed out. The other two answered right away. Of course no luck but they'd take deposits anyway.

I had a free day and decided to just go to two of the dealers that were in the same city. One of which was the one that never got back with me. I went there first and was told they wouldn't get anything until September and it was a brown 520. Didn't really want a brown one and if I had to wait that long I could still possibly find one somewhere else. The other said they were supposed to get one in August or September also and it was blue. It was one that got canceled in 2021 and reordered hence the blue. He said he wasn't even taking deposits because he kept refunding them.

So I figured either I would come upon one by accident or I'd just wait it out and hopefully they'd start moving them to dealers. But! On the way home phone rings and it's a number I don't know but I thought it might be one of them that found something. It was the dealer that never called finally getting to me. I didn't tell them when I was there that I had tried to get info from them. So he goes through the brown 520 thing again and says "But we had a 700 that's in back that's not been built." I told him I'd think about it. By the time I got home I called back and told him I'd take the 700. It's the base model and green. Not my first choice obviously but I'll take it. He said it would probably take a few days to get it going and I put a deposit down to hold it. Called Friday and said he got service to put it together and I could pick it up Saturday (yesterday). I couldn't because I didn't have a trailer lined up. Of course they're not open on Monday but Tuesday I'm picking up my brand new 700-2! wOOt!!!
congrats on the new buggy and welcome from Ohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!