P1000m5 New Machine Mods

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I have a stock 1000-5 with the hard roof so far. Just looking for what mods I need to do and what’s important now verse what can wait. We’re from south Louisiana so looking for mods that would help for our environment. We primarily enjoy trail riding and will be traveling to ride further north most of the time. Deep mud is not our thing. Give me you opinions please.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
K9Paco has ur pioneer had the heat shield update along with the clutch update and the new top for the intake under the hood I would make sure those are done they are a Honda recall then a skid plate and relocate the vent lines there a lot of info on the vent lines and a member sells them a very easy upgrade then tires and wheels there a long list of stuff you can do but get the Honda recalls done when you can

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
K9Paco has ur pioneer had the heat shield update along with the clutch update and the new top for the intake under the hood I would make sure those are done they are a Honda recall then a skid plate and relocate the vent lines there a lot of info on the vent lines and a member sells them a very easy upgrade then tires and wheels there a long list of stuff you can do but get the Honda recalls done when you can
It came with the updated intake. I need to get the heat shield update and check on the clutch. I’m happy with the rims and tires so I’ll focus on other upgrades. I don’t understand the vent lines. What’s the issue with those?

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
there are some good post on here about the vent lines the gas tank vent line and the sub tranny vent line are run in the square tube under the seat and I have read where water can get in the gas tank vent tube and go into your gas tank and this has been done by just washing the machine off. this cost about 30 dollars to run the vent tubes a little higher just look for the post it tells all the vents that need to be moved. well worth the money.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Checked with the dealership today. Gonna bring it in soon to get the heat shield and the clutch done.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ur on the right track you will like the clutch update I could tell a difference in mine after the update was done

Reactions: Rincon and K9Paco
djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cup holders was my first Mod. i hated the tiny factory ones. i put a really nice marine cup holder in mine that will hold a Yeti cup. Vent lines are super important.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have more info on the intake recall? I would assume My 2016 1000-5 deluxe would need this recall. I have the heat shield and clutch recall never heard about the intake

K9Paco has ur pioneer had the heat shield update along with the clutch update and the new top for the intake under the hood I would make sure those are done they are a Honda recall then a skid plate and relocate the vent lines there a lot of info on the vent lines and a member sells them a very easy upgrade then tires and wheels there a long list of stuff you can do but get the Honda recalls done when you can[/QUOT

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have more info on the intake recall? I would assume My 2016 1000-5 deluxe would need this recall. I have the heat shield and clutch recall never heard about the intake
There is no intake recall.
Mid year 2017 received a new style intake/diverter under the hood. You would have to buy that out of pocket.
I believe the diverter, plug, push pins are roughly $20-25.

Heat shield aka seat comfort and clutch are not recalls. They are voluntary product improvement campaigns. Which means you can choose whether to have them done or not.
A recall is something you cannot get around. If you machine goes in for service, they will perform the recall. If you choose to remove it, that is on you.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Copy that! Thanks for the info

QUOTE="Neohio, post: 285420, member: 6501"]There is no intake recall.
Mid year 2017 received a new style intake/diverter under the hood. You would have to buy that out of pocket.

Heat shield aka seat comfort and clutch are not recalls. They are voluntary product improvement campaigns. Which means you can choose whether to have them done or not.
A recall is something you cannot get around. If you machine goes in for service, they will perform the recall. If you choose to remove it, that is on you.[/QUOTE]
There is no intake recall.

A recall is something you cannot get around. If you machine goes in for service, they will perform the recall. If you choose to remove it, that is on you.

Reactions: Stevo
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bit of a pet peeve when people refer to the campaigns as recalls. it can be very misleading.

Yup recall is REQUIRED by CPSC due to possibility of or due to death or injuries

“Voluntary improvement” is out of the best interest of keeping customers happy and your rep intact but it ain’t gotta be done at all or for free.

BUT considering you have to damage the motor first before this can cause an issue it’s more like putting a “do not use hair dryer in bathtub” sticker on a hairdryer.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Clutch and Heat Shield done. Now to save up for the skids and arm guards. Vent hoses will come soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!